Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III Image Thread

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
Got this camera today! Didn't have time to grab some photos, but after coming home this evening I noticed there was a wonderful sunset. So I quickly put it the newly charged battery, grabbed some memory card, quick setup of camera/card and with the longest leg forward I went up the hill trying to nail the sunset. I was a little late, the orange clouds was not there anymore. But still, I nice view. Not so nice photo but what the heck, it is the FIRST exposure with this body! :)

Not touched, JPG straight from camera

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

second here is fifth exposure, when I had changed to RAW-format, adjusted a little in Lightroom also...

Hammerhill by sunset with E-M5 III
by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
It feels like the sensor has much to gain in post processing. Don't know but these photos was considered "lost" because of the bad backlight. But I pulled a little in Lightroom and managed to get a decent picture out of them anyway! Feels like it is a little better than my old bodies in that aspect.

Vy mot tyska bron

Masthuggskyrkan

Real Name
[email protected]
That's not uncommon... I've seen a few videos about recovering the low-lights in RAW from the E-M1mkIII (same sensor as the 5mkIII).

It's the dynamic range of the sensor. It's there, but to get to it all you may need to do some manipulation in post.

I've been seriously impressed with the platform's capability since I switched from a Canon 7D to an E-M5. I've had the mkII and now the mkIII, and I love 'em.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
I haven’t really been posting any samples here. Time to change that. The 40-150 2.8 is a bit large on this body, but it works great all the same.

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
The 40-150 2.8 is a bit large on this body, but it works great all the same.
Nice pics! Have you considered the grip (ECG-5)? Yes I think large lenses doesn't suit well on this body. Both looks and balance. Would be best to have an E-M1 for those, like the ergonomics of larger bodies better. But not the bulk, E-M5 III with the new designed grip is a good compromise. But the ECG-5 grip would be something for using large lenses. Most expensive though and no extra battery!

BrianLa

Mu-43 Regular
Nice pics! Have you considered the grip (ECG-5)? Yes I think large lenses doesn't suit well on this body. Both looks and balance. Would be best to have an E-M1 for those, like the ergonomics of larger bodies better. But not the bulk, E-M5 III with the new designed grip is a good compromise. But the ECG-5 grip would be something for using large lenses. Most expensive though and no extra battery!
I have the extra grip, it helps the camera feel in the hand and puts the release in a better position (I don't like, and have never liked camera top releases, going back to my original dslr in the 1970's). The grip does not help with longer lenses, I dislike using the 12-100mm on my EM5.3, but the 12-45 is fine. Needless to say the f1.8 primes are really nice. My single biggest gripe about the grip is the missed opportunity of making it Arca-Swiss which would have made it perfect. I wish Olympus would make a proper battery grip which would make wildlife, motorsports an airshow photography easier because the camera is easily capable of those genres. This would make it a superb backup to my EM-1 ii/iii bodies.
Brian
Brian

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
My new (to me) O25mm 1.8 arrived today, so I bolted it on and took it out on another hot dry day here (hence the irrigation). I like how much more compact feeling it is over the P25 1.7. Seems quick to focus, too.
1598490654824.jpeg

1598490681042.jpeg

StanS

Mu-43 Regular
Crawley, West Sussex UK / Plovdiv, Bulgaria

OOC jpeg from my first proper outing with my new E-M5 MkIII. I'm surprised I managed to get away with such low SS (using Lens IS priority).

gary0319

Mu-43 Top Veteran
View attachment 843655

OOC jpeg from my first proper outing with my new E-M5 MkIII. I'm surprised I managed to get away with such low SS (using Lens IS priority).
Pretty nice for a first outing. I think you could do with stopping the lens down a bit to get some additional DOF and hence more feather detail back into the bird. But other than that, very nice, thanks for sharing

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
I am so, so over the Melbourne lockdown. I take the 5 when and where I can but it's not much fun here atm.

OI000034-03.jpeg

OI000025-01.jpeg

OI000023-01.jpeg

OI000035-02.jpeg

I am so, so over the Melbourne lockdown. I take the 5 when and where I can but it's not much fun here atm.

View attachment 845436

View attachment 845437

View attachment 845438

View attachment 845439
You've got plenty of company there, Jason. Hang in there, mate.

I'm desperate to visit my older brother in Brissy, but there's fat chance of that for at least some months.

I do not react well to attenuated vaccines, specially not Fluvax, so I have to rely on everyone else being vaccinated for protection. If I get COVID-19, I'm dead ...

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
You've got plenty of company there, Jason. Hang in there, mate.

I'm desperate to visit my older brother in Brissy, but there's fat chance of that for at least some months.

I do not react well to attenuated vaccines, specially not Fluvax, so I have to rely on everyone else being vaccinated for protection. If I get COVID-19, I'm dead ...
Yep. I have access to my grandparents old country property but I can't get there until at least November now. The kids are starting to struggle, work is drying up and frankly, we're all just stuck in limbo. I'm going to make an effort to do some writing, but it's all a grind right now.

Stay safe, John.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom