1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II, new in ebay from Canada, US $859.99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ragde, Mar 26, 2015.

1. ragde

ragde Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2015
  2. toyanucci

toyanucci Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    I can't believe I missed this :(

I have an EM1 but the swivel screen is what I miss most about my 70D. Tried taking pics of me and my 5 month old a couple days ago and it was hit or miss, time consuming and an overall pain in the a** to try to get a good shot, even using my phone and the phone app, so this deal would have been great if i had caught it!

3. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    The price in US and Canada is the same - $1099. However, due to the exchange rate, $1099 CDN = $870 US. So that ebay price is basically the Canadian price in US dollars. I'm sure if you call up a Canadian camera retailer, they can give you the same (or better) price.

4. toyanucci

toyanucci Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    Thanks bro!

5. VincentVance

VincentVance Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Do you know of any online Canadian companies that ship to the US? Is amazon.ca good enough? And has anyone personally experienced the customs/duty aspects?

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  6. ragde

ragde Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    I tried to check out a camera from amazon.ca and didn't accept a US address (I have bought books and those go through without problem). I don't know of other options outside of ebay that would ship to the US.

On the other hand, the same seller is again offering the E-M5II with a discount, but not as good as that previous one (it's now US $949.99). My own experience, I bought a lens from another store (prodigital2000) in ebay that shipped from Canada to US and there where no custom fees; I believe that is in general the case.

Checking ebay again, there is a seller with good feedback in Taiwan offering it for $695 with the kit lens !!! (with Japanese warranty ... that is supposed to mean that you would have to ship it to Japan for warranty service ... I wonder if Olympus will service it in the US if one is willing to pay)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOXED-O...814?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4bc9c81e

I have not purchased from Taiwan in ebay, but I have purchased lenses from Japan and there were no custom fees (it seems important to avoid shipping with Fedex, UPS, DHL and the like)

7. sesser

sesser Zen Master

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    Check again. That's for the original E-M5 (not the MkII).

8. ragde

ragde Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    oops, sorry ... looked quickly and got confused with the II for the lens. So, it seems the offer from quickndone is the best now, only not as good as before.

9. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Call a Canadian store. I don't know if you follow 43rumors, but 43rumors frequently posts mu43 camera and lens reviews by the Camera Store (http://www.thecamerastore.com/) in Calgary. Another good place is Henry's in Toronto (http://www.henrys.com/). Henrys sells many of their used items on US ebay (with the exchange rate, they make out better than selling in Canada) and regularly ship to the USA. Their online purchasing system does allow stuff to be shipped to the USA. However, I still suggest calling and talking to someone as you may be able to get a better price compared to just purchasing online.

I realize in this age of online everything that calling and talking to another human being <gasp> seems like a foreign concept, but most of these places should be able to do better than Canadian MSRP if you ask. I have been to the Henry's in Toronto and its a massive store and they have been around for many many years. Since you are looking to get a deal and save money, it never hurts to call and ask what their best price is. I'd sooner buy from a Canadian store than one in Hong Kong or Taiwan because you can easily verify that the Canadian store is an authorized dealer etc.