Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Image Thread

scott rawson

Mu-43 Veteran
:p:psurprised how little images there are for the mkii...better add some..even if they are mediocre
PB130253.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PB130104.JPG

PB130017.jpg

PB130208.JPG

PB130213.JPG

scott rawson

Mu-43 Veteran
I like the in cam Raw converter/ filter options..taken in crappy light with so so 14-150mkii (jury still out!)guess its a good light only lens really.
PB210376.jpg

lumen64

New to Mu-43
I used the Sigma 19mm f2.8. I cropped the bottom of the frame (to remove the street).
OI000070-01-1_1.jpg

gary0319

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Today I did my first attempt at using the new Focus Bracketing and than stacking in Halecon Focus.

I'm pretty pleased with the results, but learned some things along the way.

I did my tests all handheld at a local botanical gardens where the orchids are in a controlled indoor environment which is the first lesson.....NO wind or you're doomed to failure.

Secondly be sure to choose your initial focus point carefully, I found that using the M5 II auto focus to set the point and then just moving back ever so slightly to let the focus point blur meant that the initial focus point I wanted was sure to be captured.

Your lens, and aperture, will have a big effect on how many images are needed to cover the subject, as well as the subject depth. Straight on flowers without a lot of blossom depth required only 3 image slices to get it all in. The image below needed 5 images to get the camera to capture the blossoms get all the way back.

More learning to be done on this technique, but I'm encouraged, so far.

These images were shot using an Olympus 25mm 1.8, auto ISO, F 5.6, These are not cropped images

First image with initial focus point set on the water drop just left and below center.
PB290034.JPG

Last of 5 images taken by the camera resulting in final focus point to be on the petal just above the upper blossom.
PB290038.JPG

Final stack of 5 images output from Halecon Focus
PB29034_38_stack.JPG

Last edited:

So Thankful

Mu-43 Veteran
Today I did my first attempt at using the new Focus Bracketing and than stacking in Halecon Focus.

I'm pretty pleased with the results, but learned some things along the way.

I did my tests all handheld at a local botanical gardens where the orchids are in a controlled indoor environment which is the first lesson.....NO wind or you're doomed to failure.

Secondly be sure to choose your initial focus point carefully, I found that using the M5 II auto focus to set the point and then just moving back ever so slightly to let the focus point blur meant that the initial focus point I wanted was sure to be captured.

Your lens, and aperture, will have a big effect on how many images are needed to cover the subject, as well as the subject depth. Straight on flowers without a lot of blossom depth required only 3 image slices to get it all in. The image below needed 5 images to get the camera to capture the blossoms get all the way back.

More learning to be done on this technique, but I'm encouraged, so far.

These images were shot using an Olympus 25mm 1.8, auto ISO, F 5.6, These are not cropped images

First image with initial focus point set on the water drop just left and below center.
View attachment 107289

Last of 5 images taken by the camera resulting in final focus point to be on the petal just above the upper blossom.
View attachment 107290

Final stack of 5 images output from Halecon Focus
View attachment 107291

Very nice! I just updated my MK II this morning, I am going to have to give this a whirl.

lumen64

New to Mu-43
Used 40-150 2.8 pro, 130mm, 4.0 aperture, 200 ISO, 1/320. Edited with Snapseed.
IMG_0250-02-01.jpeg

hazydave

Mu-43 Rookie
A few shots from my first almost-year with the EM-5 mk II

This is with the 60mm macro, 1/500 @ f/2.8, ISO200
f12686080.jpg

Another shot with the 60mm, 1/1250 @ f/2.8, ISO200. These are plum trees in my front yard.
f0979200_f1115904.jpg

Shot with the 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, 36mm, 1/80 @ f/2.8, ISO1250 at a pub in Belgium near the border with The Netherlands. One of the two is my buddy RJ
PA110178.jpg

Shot with the 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO at 12mm, 1/320 @ f/6.3 and ISO200. This is on top of Mt. Washington in New Hampshire, with my wife Liz in the foreground. This is composited from a set of 33 shots.
P8080855_P8080888-34.jpg

scott rawson

Mu-43 Veteran
Still nervous about shooting in downpour...just dipping my little toe in the waters so to speak!..with splashproof 14-150...it survived!
PC120071.jpg

scott rawson

Mu-43 Veteran
Local mosque and sun rise...looked like the rapture...with the lovely P20mm cropped to hide a crappy car park 16/9
PC130160.jpg
PC180362a.jpg

scott rawson

Mu-43 Veteran
Still surprised at how little posts there are for this formidable little cam! seeing as the mk1 was so well received..yes the tech hasn't jumped up major league....but still?
PB050066.JPG

jmlivingston

New to Mu-43
Real Name
John Livingston
Went out to Laguna Beach yesterday evening and caught the sunset, my first real chance to get out and work with my new E-M5MkII.

P1020004.JPG

gary0319

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Went out to Laguna Beach yesterday evening and caught the sunset, my first real chance to get out and work with my new E-M5MkII.

View attachment 110553

Thanks for the memory!
I lived just south of Laguna Beach back in the '80s, so I remember those sunsets very well (when there wasn't the marine fog obscuring). I moved to Sarasota Florida in 1990 and here is another "west coast" sunset from my E-M5 II.
Thanks again for posting.

PA241033.JPG

Latest threads

Top Bottom