Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Image Thread

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie

System13

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
JR
Beautiful, the Duomo is my favorite Italian architectural treasure.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app
I've never thought cathedrals beautiful. Majestic, awe-inspiring, a wonder and marvel of human ingenuity and faith, but not beautiful.
Then I met the Duomo. I sat and just stared for a half hour. It's the most beautiful building I've ever seen.

Philippos

New to Mu-43
uploadfromtaptalk1468270720464.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Stray cat in Athens, Greece

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Philippos

New to Mu-43
uploadfromtaptalk1468270811938.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

10 vertical images pano stich, the dunes in Castricum, nearby Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Philippos

New to Mu-43
Nice image. Question: How are you doing your pano/stitching?

Hi JDK504,

In total, 50 images have been taken for this pano. 10 vertical images x 5 exposures per image.
Every exposure had 1 EV step difference. EV steps: -2, -1, 0, +1, +2.
Shot handheld, using the braketing mode in burst mode in order to minimize composition movement. It takes some practice in guessing when to stop with the burst. It helps that the last shot (+2EV) is the slowest/longest one, so I know when I have to stop without checking the bracketing indicator on screen/EVF. I try to get at least 1/3 overlap between each image in order to avoid stitching problems in post processing.

1. Import the foto's in LR
2. Merge every set of 5 images in Photoshop (HDR) and save back in LR
3. Now I have 10 images to work with. I adjust some stuff in LR for the most left image (exposure, clarity, vibrance, highlights etc etc) and sync all adjustments with the other 9 images.
4. Merge the 10 HDR images in Photoshop (Panorama) ans save back in LR
5. Edit the final image with Color Efex Pro (Nik Collection) -> provided free by Google
6. Some final adjustments in LR (ex. used the gradient tool to bring some more light in the right bottom corner, that part of the image was too dark)

If you have Lightroom 6.x or CC, HDR and Panorama are supported in LR itself. I chose to try the HDR and Panorama functionality of Photoshop. No idea if this works beter or not, just got Photoshop and wanted to give it a try.

Greets, Philippos

JDK504

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi JDK504,

In total, 50 images have been taken for this pano. 10 vertical images x 5 exposures per image.
Every exposure had 1 EV step difference. EV steps: -2, -1, 0, +1, +2.
Shot handheld, using the braketing mode in burst mode in order to minimize composition movement. It takes some practice in guessing when to stop with the burst. It helps that the last shot (+2EV) is the slowest/longest one, so I know when I have to stop without checking the bracketing indicator on screen/EVF. I try to get at least 1/3 overlap between each image in order to avoid stitching problems in post processing.

1. Import the foto's in LR
2. Merge every set of 5 images in Photoshop (HDR) and save back in LR
3. Now I have 10 images to work with. I adjust some stuff in LR for the most left image (exposure, clarity, vibrance, highlights etc etc) and sync all adjustments with the other 9 images.
4. Merge the 10 HDR images in Photoshop (Panorama) ans save back in LR
5. Edit the final image with Color Efex Pro (Nik Collection) -> provided free by Google
6. Some final adjustments in LR (ex. used the gradient tool to bring some more light in the right bottom corner, that part of the image was too dark)

If you have Lightroom 6.x or CC, HDR and Panorama are supported in LR itself. I chose to try the HDR and Panorama functionality of Photoshop. No idea if this works beter or not, just got Photoshop and wanted to give it a try.

Greets, Philippos

Wow! Thank you for the step by step information. I will try that. I do have LR CC. I really do appreciate you taking the time

Much appreciated!

Latest threads

Top Bottom