Very nice! I just updated my MK II this morning, I am going to have to give this a whirl.Today I did my first attempt at using the new Focus Bracketing and than stacking in Halecon Focus.
I'm pretty pleased with the results, but learned some things along the way.
I did my tests all handheld at a local botanical gardens where the orchids are in a controlled indoor environment which is the first lesson.....NO wind or you're doomed to failure.
Secondly be sure to choose your initial focus point carefully, I found that using the M5 II auto focus to set the point and then just moving back ever so slightly to let the focus point blur meant that the initial focus point I wanted was sure to be captured.
Your lens, and aperture, will have a big effect on how many images are needed to cover the subject, as well as the subject depth. Straight on flowers without a lot of blossom depth required only 3 image slices to get it all in. The image below needed 5 images to get the camera to capture the blossoms get all the way back.
More learning to be done on this technique, but I'm encouraged, so far.
These images were shot using an Olympus 25mm 1.8, auto ISO, F 5.6, These are not cropped images
First image with initial focus point set on the water drop just left and below center.
View attachment 107289
Last of 5 images taken by the camera resulting in final focus point to be on the petal just above the upper blossom.
View attachment 107290
Final stack of 5 images output from Halecon Focus
View attachment 107291
Thanks for the memory!