• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Olympus OM-D E-M10 w/ 14-42mm kit lens | Location: CA, USA | Ships: CONUS

Buy/Sell feedback for m43happy (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m43happy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
Selling
Olympus OM-D E-M10 w/ 14-42mm kit lens

Prices
$500 (regular paypal)

Ships to
CONUS

Description
Long story with this camera. I won this in a holiday photo contest that Olympus held in December called #Olympuslights, and it was delivered to me on 1/19/15. I posted it up for sale on FredMiranda and here on mu-43.com. I sold it to a user on FredMiranda, but after a couple days of taking delivery, he messaged me to say the camera seems like it has a faulty shutter with all these lockup issues, that the screen blacks out shooting at high ISO, that his lenses can only shoot in manual mode, and that it "looks like it had about 100 extra actuations so I suspect it's a refurbished unit". I'm a reasonable person (sometimes new cameras are faulty), so I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and fully refunded his money. I received the camera back in my possession 2/6/15. I messaged him to ask what settings he was shooting at, and I exhausted testing out the camera through and through all yesterday (2/7). I probably put on about another 100 shutter actuations on the camera, and found absolutely nothing wrong with it. I look around online and see that the same user had posted it up for sale here on this forum, on 2/1 (click here), the day after taking delivery of the camera. A claimed "faulty camera" that's apparently good enough to resell. :confused: :rolleyes: I also see that when it was posted up for sale that it only had less than 30 shutter actuations on the camera body yet I was told it had "about 100 extra actuations" on it. Anyway, on 2/2 is when I got a PM on FredMiranda saying the camera is faulty, and on 2/3 asking for a complete refund (which I gave). Fortunately, I did get the camera back so the entire transaction wasn't a complete disaster. Unfortunately though for me, I'm out $40 from the previous sale (paypal fee+shipping), and now I have a "technically" used camera on my hands, which was once brand new and unopened, that I can only sell for less now.

Oh well, live and learn. I'm re-selling a (like new) black OM-D E-M10+14-42mm II R kit lens for $500 (regular paypal shipped) with 350 shutter actuations on it. I fully tested it out on my 12-40mm Pro, 40-150mm Pro, 75mm f1.8, 25mm f1.4, and 42.5mm f1.2 and it works flawlessly. For full disclosure, the camera is missing the plastic hot shoe cover as it was not on the camera when it was returned to me. Please PM me if you're interested. I'm located in Sherman Oaks, California for anyone local to me who might be interested in the camera.

Thanks,
Ron

i-3H4z7R7-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-7Fc2fkX-M.jpg

i-7jPNgTH-M.jpg

i-Qxsk8h7-M.jpg

i-jnzQhXt-M.jpg

Payment accepted
  • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
Shipping method
USPS 2-day priority

Shipping charge
Included

Handling time
Day after receiving payment

References
FredMiranda: sevendhappy

Additional comments
  • Not open to trade offers
  • Not open to offers below asking price (Price is firm)
Acknowledgement
  • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom