Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Image Thread

number17

Mu-43 Regular
Some photos from our most recent trip ...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sesser

Zen Master
Real Name
randy

tobahl

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tobias Åhlander
Some photos from SciFiWorld Stockholm 2018-11-18. After this I can conclude that both the Olympus M10.2 with Olympus 75mm and the Panasonic G80 with 25mm 1,7 did really well (those photos in the G80 thread). However, my post processing skills still lacking a bit...

Gresford village church.

My first effort using the Live Time setting. The first couple of efforts were a little over-exposed; it took a bit of practise to understand how the view in the display would translate to the finished image.

Olympus 17mm f/1.8 lens

f/3.5 ISO200 6.5sec

All Saints' Church, Gresford by Samcat MG, on Flickr

First time I looked at this thread (because I don't have this camera). I was in a camera store earlier today and there was a lady looking to buy a camera for travel. She asked for a Canon DSLR that had a promo price, but balked at the size and weight when she held it. The shop staff then steered her to mirrorless and showed her the OMD 10.2 with the 14-42EZ which was also on promo, and she seemed immediately swayed. To reinforce the advantage (I surmise), the staff showed her a Canon mirrorless and again the size and weight of the OMD stood out. I left before the close of sale, but I couldn't help but think that "M43 is dead" statements are just click baits.

Anyway, it is fantastic to see so many great images and examples of different styles, subjects, lighting etc from this "entry level" Olympus. I do wonder though why there aren't many more posts here?

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Anyway, it is fantastic to see so many great images and examples of different styles, subjects, lighting etc from this "entry level" Olympus. I do wonder though why there aren't many more posts here?
More than likely because images with this camera may well be posted in the thread that contains the lens they were using or the subject matter. I X post my bird images to the panny 100-400 thread and the bird thread so that someone who wants to see how a lens performs, but may not be that interested in birds and therefore doesn't visit the bird thread, can go straight to the lens thread. I've never been averse to cross posting before but I saw a while back on another forum someone being accused of attempting to get more likes by X posting which somewhat put me off doing so.

It is helpful though that via X posting one can demonstrate what both body and lens are capable of and it's a pity that some frown on it.

peter_4059

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
Hi all,

I'm new here. I've owned the EM10 II for a couple of years however I'm only getting to learn about how capable it is. I'm trying out a few different styles of photography with the EM10 after quite a few years of astro photography. Here's my first offering....Northern Lights over Finland.
EM10 MKII with a Laowa 7.5mm f2.

Thanks for looking!

Peter

peter_4059

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
Next image - something a little different to the first. This one is fjords in Norway, taken with the EM10 II and the 14-150mm zoom. I liked the way the sunlight had broken through the cloud, creating a highlight on the water.

peter_4059

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
Something closer to home - in the front garden! A native blue banded bee stocking up for Christmas. This was a bit of an experiment using the 14-150mm at 150mm together with in camera 2x digital zoom since I don't own a macro lens (yet).

peter_4059

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
Another one (a bit) closer to home. I really like the lines in this tree however I'm still trying to gain an appreciation for composition and post processing. Interested to hear any views on the contrast?

peter_4059

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
One of my first nightscapes with the EM10 mkII and Laowa 7.5mm f2.

peter_4059

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
Star Trails with the EM10 mkII and Laowa 7.5mm f2. Live Composite is a great feature of this camera.

peter_4059

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
Reflections from Flam. EM10 MKII & 14-150mm.

SandyO

Mu-43 Regular
More than likely because images with this camera may well be posted in the thread that contains the lens they were using or the subject matter. I X post my bird images to the panny 100-400 thread and the bird thread so that someone who wants to see how a lens performs, but may not be that interested in birds and therefore doesn't visit the bird thread, can go straight to the lens thread. I've never been averse to cross posting before but I saw a while back on another forum someone being accused of attempting to get more likes by X posting which somewhat put me off doing so.

It is helpful though that via X posting one can demonstrate what both body and lens are capable of and it's a pity that some frown on it.
I agree. I've been reluctant to X post but having them posted only in the specific camera thread and not a thread related to subject matter sort of defeats the purpose of a camera model thread, or lens for that matter. I guess I've sort of avoided the camera thread because of this. I'll start putting some stuff here as well. However, I do promise not to spam the site with numerous other X postings.

peter_4059

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
This is my first presentable bug macro image. I was given the Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro lens for Christmas and I've spent the last couple of days looking for insects and trying to learn how to shoot macro. Luckily this fly was very patient with me this afternoon.

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

peter_4059

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
Sunset over Gudvangen. EM10 MKII & 14-150mm.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom