Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Image Thread

jeffbet

Mu-43 Regular
Just picked up my E-M10 Mark II a couple weeks ago. I love it. My first Olympus is my E-M10, which I have been using all summer and fall. I find the Mark II has nice improvements for me. One of the biggest benefits for me is that I can shoot with sunglasses using the EVF. This is something I can't do with my Mark I.

Let's see your images. Please post the lens you used and EXIF data if you like.

Here is an image taken at 14mm with Panasonic 14-42mm lens, ISO 200, 1/500 sec at f9.0 using an art filter.

Jeff

PA180200WEB.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

aphasiac

Mu-43 Regular
Testing the EM0II's new 5 axis stablization; coming from an EPL5, it's great!

Lumix 20/1.7, f1.7, ISO 1600, 1/40.
PB010024.jpg

Last edited:

kschles

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ken
Used the Oly 12-40 at F2.8. I find the lens is a nice match with the em10 II as long as I use the optional camera grip.

image.jpeg

S

SteveLedger

My oldest cat, Peekai - 16yrs 3mths to date.
He's sitting on a stool facing a window and with another window on the wall to his right. So there was some nice natural light.
45mm 1/100sec f1.8 ISO 200

PC300020.jpg

E-M10 Mark II - Silver

S

SteveLedger

My youngest cat, Sumpy - 2yrs 1month.
45mm 1/100sec f1.8 ISO 1250

P1050001_1.jpg

E-M10 Mark II - Silver

aphasiac

Mu-43 Regular
Another test of the EM10II 5-axis IBIS at my local park

Shot with P20/1.7 @f1.7, ISO2000, 1/30 handheld with electronic shutter. Adjusted exposure, shadows and white-balance in Lightroom - (crazy scene, camera couldn't get WB right).
Note some banding in the shadows due to this camera + lens combination.

P1010186.jpg

jeffbet

Mu-43 Regular
Aphasiac,

Amazing image. It just draws my eye in, and I can get lost in the picture looking at all that is going on. Well done.

D MATIC

Mu-43 Regular
One of the biggest benefits for me is that I can shoot with sunglasses using the EVF. This is something I can't do with my Mark I.

What was it "exactly" that was the issue with sunglasses?

jeffbet

Mu-43 Regular
D Matic - I believe they took out polarizing filter in EVF. So, with Mark II I can shoot in sunlight with sunglasses on and use the EVF. With Mark I, same condition, could not see through EVF with sunglasses on.

Jeff

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
D Matic - I believe they took out polarizing filter in EVF. So, with Mark II I can shoot in sunlight with sunglasses on and use the EVF. With Mark I, same condition, could not see through EVF with sunglasses on.

Jeff
Interesting... I wonder why? The E-M1 is still polarized. I got non-polarized transitions just so that I could keep using them with EVFs.

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Interesting... I wonder why? The E-M1 is still polarized. I got non-polarized transitions just so that I could keep using them with EVFs.

Jeff
Ah, I found that when using my E-M5 II with sunglasses that I couldn't take portrait shots using the EVF! It's nice to know that this camera does away with it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom