Olympus OM-D E-M10 Image Thread

LucDeSchepper

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Luc de Schepper
Last Saturday I collected my new E-M10 and Panasonic 12-32mm f3.5-5.6 from the camera shop. I also ordered an Olympus 25mm f1.8 and 45mm f1.8 both of which will be delivered later this week.

As always with new gear I shot a test series of images at my work. All images shot with the Panasonic 12-32mm f3.5-5.6. Processed from RAW with Lightroom.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

show

Mu-43 Rookie
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or panos, it was several images taken with my EM10. It is also the first pano I did so I learned a few things like using a tripod and locking down my settings so the camera doesnt auto compensate. Stitched togeter with hugin.

sc by Flickr

JohnN

Mu-43 Regular
So far I'm loving this camera for stills - so heres a couple of my learning shots.

Pretty much the first shot I took.

View attachment 380888
The other test image
by magsnorton, on Flickr

This one was just to see how it fared using my Canon flashes and wireless

Return of the Professor
by magsnorton, on Flickr

...and finally a shot with the 40-150 I picked up.

One of those days
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
Went out on a final "let's see if I like RAW with Apple Aperture vs Olympus JPEG" walks again in preparation for a two week riverboat tour down the Blue Danube. (Personal decision, while I do see the advantage of RAW in some circumstances and especially for people who do a lot of heavy post processing, I still prefer - at least with the EM10 and Stylus 1 - what I see from the Olympus JPEGs.)
Anyway some of the shots - all taken with the EM10 and the 14-42 EZ Pancake and the B&W version of the Dramatic Tone Art Filter.

Attachments

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Went out on a final "let's see if I like RAW with Apple Aperture vs Olympus JPEG" walks again in preparation for a two week riverboat tour down the Blue Danube. (Personal decision, while I do see the advantage of RAW in some circumstances and especially for people who do a lot of heavy post processing, I still prefer - at least with the EM10 and Stylus 1 - what I see from the Olympus JPEGs.)
FYI, Olympus Viewer 3 (free) will make the RAW files look just like the jpegs.

Barry

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
FYI, Olympus Viewer 3 (free) will make the RAW files look just like the jpegs.

Barry

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43
I know that Barry but to me OV3 is a really badly designed (or engineered) piece of software. Very slow and the interface is extremely "clunky" - and that is being polite. I have played with it on and off - mainly because I was waiting for Apple to update to see the two RAW files from my cameras - and still don't like it.
And to be honest - as opposed to some of my early Olympus cameras (mainly some of the early 4/3 bodies), I have been so happy with the JPEG output from both cameras that for my purposes they are fine.

stephography

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Stephan
Back in the game!

I had an E-M5 a couple years ago before it was stolen from me at an event I was shooting. Picked up the E-M10 right before my roadtrip across the USA. Here's one of my favorites:

E-M10 with 25mm 1.4 Panasonic Leica lens
Raw file edited in photoshop (to give it an editorial look)
OOC image is absolutely wonderful still!

stephography

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Stephan
Here's a few more from our trip:

Shoes at Horseshoe Bend: 14-42 RII (stitched together, a total of 14 shots).

NY Skyline: 14-42 RII

1049 Miles: 25mm 1.4 Panny/Leica (personal favorite! I shot this using the app with the camera sitting on a chair)

GuyInTexas

Mu-43 Rookie
Doing my Rain Dance this morning --- washing and waxing my car. :) As soon as I was wrapping up and wiping off the hood, the clouds started coming in. Figured I might as well grab a shot of the reflection of the clouds. E-M10, 14-42EZ @f5.6, 18mm. Some CS5 color tweaking applied in post processing.

[/url]Rain dance by A_Guy_In_Texas, on Flickr[/IMG]

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom