Ironically, I bought a G9 largely based on DPR's review. I didn't get the feeling they were pushing me to another platform. Heck, they even made the G9 the 2019 runner up on "most improved" thanks to the 2.0 firmware update. I take any comment section with a huge grain of salt. It's classic internet--ranging from logical and helpful discussion to completely baseless fanaticism. I learned more about the "user experience" of the G9 from the sample image gallery here, but the actual camera review from DPR was very helpful.Reading this discussion I find it interesting to see how many posters go to DPReview for information. Please keep in mind they openly host and support anti MFT posters on their forums. DPR support and promote:
- Daily & weekly posts with the biggest rumors possible on MFT & Olympus
- They were quick to report and talk days about "Olympus is closing in 8 months"
- Don't think the "Olympus is closing in 8 months" was not a campaign - track all the postings/timing on this rumor
- Completely biased reviews always listing questionable "What we don't want" conclusions
- Openly promoting full frame solutions (with many biased articles/content)
- DPReview hardly ever update MFT reviews after firmware updates
- Just go see how they bashed the EM5 III (Forum and reviews)
- Their latest official talking point is "Olympus upgraded CAF is erratic and no good
- Lets play a game - see if you can spot the main points they developing/listing to discredit the EM1 III, over the next months.....
I often think....imagine a potential buyer goes to DPReview for information on M43 cameras. What is the chances that person will forever run and NEVER buy MFT gear spending just a week at DPReview.....
I really sometimes think people still do not realize how important social media has become to the modern marketeer. How many people still believe most YouTube reviews are not paid reviews?
It is safe to say - DPReview is a full scale Full Frame Sanctuary.....