Olympus OM-D E-M 5 II Hot Shoe Cover

Glevum Owl

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
OK, so you know that teeny, tiny piece of plastic that slips into and covers the hot shoe on the OM5ii, the one that's super easy to lose?

Does anyone know where I can buy another, please? Or better yet bulk quantities of 10 or 12. Thanks.

Shadetree

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Butch Oakey
OK, so you know that teeny, tiny piece of plastic that slips into and covers the hot shoe on the OM5ii, the one that's super easy to lose?

Does anyone know where I can buy another, please? Or better yet bulk quantities of 10 or 12. Thanks.
Have you tried eBay? Or B&H? Olympus should have them $$$...

Glevum Owl

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
I've ordered 10 from eBay UK.

The reason I posted is because I hate those times when I mention something I've bought and someone pipes up with a great recommendation or, worse, says "I could have got you some discounted / for free" etc.

I'd rather ask and look a fool than miss out on a recommendation or a bargain.

Glevum Owl

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
They come off sooo easily and often, that I've stopped bothering with the shoe covers.

It's not so much the removal as the not remembering where I put it.

Every camera I've ever owned has had a naked shoe but now that I've seen one covered it doesn't look right any other way. I think I might have a problem.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Stupid design! Pop up flash goes there, everyone knows it. Lol

Glevum Owl

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
I just use hot-shoe bubble levels from Amazon.
Great idea. I have a few tucked away somewhere.

The problem I have seen is the ones that come with the camera body fit tight, have a little snug... but the bulk ones I have gotten off Amazon are microscopically thinner, and slide out really easy.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch out for that when they arrive.

edergira

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Filip
I bought these on eBay back when they cost GBP 0.99 for 5 pieces, they're more expensive now but still not bad.
They're neither too tight nor too loose on my E-M5 II, I haven't lost any during the last 2 years.

Glevum Owl

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
I bought these on eBay back when they cost GBP 0.99 for 5 pieces, they're more expensive now but still not bad.
They're neither too tight nor too loose on my E-M5 II, I haven't lost any during the last 2 years.
Thanks for the link. I've bought what looks to be the same things from a different supplier so hopefully they'll do the job.

Latest threads

Top Bottom