Olympus OM-D coming on Feb 8th??

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

2. mqavila

mqavila Mu-43 Regular

When the OM-D is released, will there be a price drop for the other PENs?
  3. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    yes you are little late on the news :p
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Why would it? This is not a PEN camera... There are always price drops here and there on PEN cameras, but for totally unrelated reasons.
  5. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Picture up at photorumors.com, interesting to say the least.
  6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Maybe a small one, but probable a pretty big one on the used market. If this'll do iso 3200 well and 6400 acceptably (and isn't too big or too DSLR-ish in appearance), it'll probably become the companion body to my epl3. I've been holding out to check this out and will likely get either it or a used EP3 body once it shows up.

7. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    now this one's gonna be exciting! looking forward to what olympus has it in it's sleeves!
  8. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    That's an OM1 that's been Photoshopped. It still has the mirror lock-up switch and the strobe/bulb (x/fp remember those?) flash switch on it. I don't think either of those will be necessary.

9. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    And that 45/1.8 is looking a bit bloated too :smile:

10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Sadly, there is no way to really tell if that image is faked or not. IMHO, the grip side looks pretty ugly from the front, real or not.
  11. AdamThirtle

AdamThirtle Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Newcastle, UK
    It's 100% not a real image. No doubt about it.
  12. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    It would be ....interesting..... to have mirror lock-up on a mirrorless camera! :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 2
  13. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Well, if they're creative enough, they could keep all the original buttons and levers from the OM cameras and turn them into electronic functions that match the original. The mirror lock-up button could serve as an image magnification function, for example.
  14. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I'm actually going to sell my entire Canon system and switch fully to either m43 or the NEX7. I'm really excited to see this new Olympus. If its as good as I'm hoping I'll be shooting the majority of my jobs and personal work with an m43 system.

Been thinking about it for a while now just gotta get past a few fears of not having my Canon.
  15. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I've been debating the same thing for a while (though not switching to Sony), but now with a baby on the way and the prospect of having years worth of opportunities to photograph a fast moving child, I'm hesitant to ditch my 5DII. I love the idea of going all m43 though. In addition to the smaller size, I just find the system more enjoyable to use.
  16. SZRimaging

SZRimaging Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    I've been thinking about that also. The only problem I have is that the Oly currently lacks in a few areas (AF tracking, Video, Low Light) that the Nikon doesn't. Plus some of the glass on my Nikon is just gorgeous.....

That said, I am considering going to m4/3 and the Fuji X1-Pro, just the AF is still an issue....
  17. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    The Fuji X1-Pro looks beautiful to me, but I'm not looking to buy into another system, but instead consolidate into a single one. When I initially saw it I thought - 'wow, I want that!', but that wore off after a few days. The OM-D will be tempting though, since I already have a couple m43 lenses plus several lenses from my OM-1 MD system.
  18. SZRimaging

SZRimaging Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    I love m43 for it's compactness and all around versatility, but sometimes I just want a bigger sensor. Especially with portraits and architecture. The Fuji just seems to hit a nice sweet spot. Who knows, maybe the X-Pro becomes my go to system. I know that sensor and it's layout is making me more than just curious.
  19. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    It is obviously faked.