Olympus OM-D Battery Grips - Australia

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Luckypenguin, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Gerry Gibbs Camera Warehouse currently has a 50% off special on the HLD-6 and HLD-7 battery grips for the OM-D E-M5 and E-M1 respectively. That makes it $142.50 for the two-piece HLD-6 grip and $139.50 for the HLD-7. They appear to have limited stock numbers at these prices.

http://gerrygibbscamerawarehouse.com.au/accessories/olympus-om-d-accessories/olympus-hld-6-power-battery-holder?zenid=a66ee72299bc690d7e58b5e1be6c3af0

http://gerrygibbscamerawarehouse.com.au/olympus-hld-7-battery-grip-for-om-d-e-m1-micro-four-thirdsdigital-camera

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    That's a very good price, but after seeing by how much it increases the depth and height of the camera, I've decided that I can live without one. I even stopped using the grip with the E-5 that I had, as it was just too awkward and I no longer required it for sports. Pity they can't design a grip that holds nothing but a battery, no dials or anything else, then I could consider one.

3. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    Sold my hld6 as I preferred one that I could access the battery compartment as I was only using one part of the grip.

I have a hld7 for the EM1 and don't use it often but 'when they update their video firmware' I think it would be useful for video and I do love it for portrait work when I know I will be doing continuous head shots in portrait orientation.

4. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

B*gger! I just paid $100 more than that from Ryda (with $10 off for anything over $199). http://www.ryda.com.au/Olympus-HLD-7-E-M1-Battery-Holder-Grip-p/hld7.htm I thought I was doing OK! :mad:

I'd like to know how & why they are able to do it. Maybe they were the free additional grips (the Camera House deal that was also offered by other retailers that purchased through their warehouse) to go with the E-M1 kit deal that they're flogging off.

5. GGCW is a web based shopfront for a Camerahouse store over in WA. I bought my E-P5/VF-4/17mm kit from them last year when they were the first to offer a big discount on that kit ($1075 vs $1400 rrp). They also had the best price on the E-M5/12-40mm kits when Olympus had their cashback offer going.

6. Ross the fiddler

I think I'll have to keep an eye on their site for further purchases. My better half was not impressed that I spent more money on the grip now & was even less impressed that I could have got it at $100 less than what I paid. I did get the $300 Cash Back in May/June from buying the E-M1 at $200 off RR at CamBuy, so I still have done alright.

7. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    I very nearly bought a second one as a spare till some common sense prevailed (or better known as a few bills arrived) :)

8. Ross the fiddler

We're repairing our deck (& paying someone else to do the work) & that is costing $1000's, so I have to be real careful what I spend on myself for pleasure, but I did have a fleeting thought like that too.

9. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    I wished I knew what shipping and import to the US might cost. For that kind of cost it worth the money for me.