Olympus om-d and chromatic abberation ;;;;,

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by PantelisMor, Feb 24, 2013.

1. PantelisMor

PantelisMor Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2013

I am very happy. I bought the olympus om-d. I think i took a good decision. I bought the silver body with the panasonic 14-42. I have read that there are chromatic abberation if you use olympus body and panasonic lens.

What can i do for this ;;;;
  2. iGonzoid

iGonzoid Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 6, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    I have an OM-D and three Panasonic lenses — 25, 45, 100-300 and just sold the 14 — and have had no problems at all, touch wood. I think it is only certain lenses. Firmware update might fix it if you do encounter anomalies — for lens and body.
  3. gotak

gotak Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    Shot raw and correct in post processing. Software like lightroom has chromatic aberration correction.

No need to worry too much right now. Today's obsession with technical image quality is missing the really important aspect of photo image quality. People think too much about things like AC and sharpness but if you shoot a crap photo it doesn't matter if it's pixel perfect it's still a crap photo. Composition and subject matter is much more important (to me) aspect of image quality than sharpness etc.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. PantelisMor

Jan 14, 2013
    How will i do firmware update ;;; i have no idea for this..
  5. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
  6. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    CA will only be an issue in very high contrast situations.

Don't worry about what you read. Look at your photos. If you're happy, then it's all good.

If you're disturbed by fringing on some photos, you may fix in post. Most software (LR, Photoshop, Olympus Viewer 2, etc.) all have tools to help eliminate or minimize the CA when it appears.

Most of the time, it's not an issue.

7. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I used to find that CA could be a problem with my various Panasonic lenses on Olympus bodies, but since moving to Lightroom 4 it is now extremely easy to remove.
  8. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    I believe panasonic correct it in the gpu-code but might me wrong on that. Its a lens design issue ie coating and other tricks. Either way, its easily corrected so don't worry about it. Just practice a bit and you'll get the hang of adjusting it fast.
  9. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Panny's get in cam correction, Olympus get IBS.
  10. PantelisMor

Jan 14, 2013
  11. PantelisMor

Jan 14, 2013
    Sorry what do you mean ;;;;