1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Olympus OM 50/1.4 + extras | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by demiro, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Olympus OM 50/1.4 + extras
    </br>Prices</br> $100
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Ships to</br> USA
    </br>Description</br> This G.Zuiko OM lens is in very nice shape. It is the 50/1.4, "silver nose" version. Just some random dust. Blades are clean; focus ring turns smoothly; aperture clicks nicely.

Includes an OM> :43: adapter; a Hoya UV filter; a Vivitar polarizing filter; a generic front cap and a Lumix rear cap for the adapter; an Olympus rear cap that fits the lens; and a vintage metal Olympus lens hood. The hood is for the 35/2.8, but fits this lens. I can also throw in an OM>Canon EF adapter if anyone is interested.
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS
    </br>Shipping charge</br> -0-
    </br>Handling time</br> 1 - 2 business days
    </br>References</br> -
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Not open to trade offers
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

2. demiro

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    if anyone is interested please feel free to make an offer

3. demiro

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    A gentle bump, and wondering if everyone thinks price is out of whack? Based on condition of lens + extras and what I see it selling for I thought I was OK. Tell me if I'm not -- no hurt feelings here. :smile:

4. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    I think it's quite fair with the extras, however silver nose versions of om lenses tend to be less sharp than higher serial number om lenses. (And thus less desirable) I have two 50mm 1.4 OM lenses; one is 8XXXXX and another one is 11XXXXX, the one million above serial number has a different (multi coating) so it is generally sharper than earlier versions.

Good luck with the sale though as the earlier versions have a great rendering for B&W photos though!

5. robertro

robertro Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Apr 22, 2010
    It's a great little lens; you can always compare your proce to eBay completed auctions to do a reality check on pricing.

I'd suggest that you post in the NEX forum - I think that NEX users tend to use more manual focus lenses.

6. demiro

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    Interesting info on the OM lenses. Thanks for your post. I hadn't heard that before, but after some Googling I do see that more recent serial #s are generally preferred.

As to robertro's point, I did look at ebay sales, specifically with regard to the G. Zuiko lens. Looks like average price is maybe in the $90+ range, but generally with only caps. So I figured the two filters + hood + adapters would add some value. But I understand that some buyers will not care much about "extras".

I'll probably cross-list it on NEX and may be ebay as well, but I think I may takes some test shots before I do that.

7. mintchoco

mintchoco Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

May 24, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I have this lens and it's a great lens! :smile:

8. SockHaser

SockHaser New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Feb 22, 2013
    Do you have any images you can show from this lens, preferably wide open?

9. demiro

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    It's definitely softer wide open. Just snapped three pics. First at 1.4, then at 2.8, then at 5.6. Focus point is blue + sign in center of label. Hand held.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.