COMPLETED Olympus OM 50/1.4 + extras | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by demiro, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Olympus OM 50/1.4 + extras
    </br>Prices</br> $100
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Ships to</br> USA
    </br>Description</br> This G.Zuiko OM lens is in very nice shape. It is the 50/1.4, "silver nose" version. Just some random dust. Blades are clean; focus ring turns smoothly; aperture clicks nicely.

Includes an OM> :43: adapter; a Hoya UV filter; a Vivitar polarizing filter; a generic front cap and a Lumix rear cap for the adapter; an Olympus rear cap that fits the lens; and a vintage metal Olympus lens hood. The hood is for the 35/2.8, but fits this lens. I can also throw in an OM>Canon EF adapter if anyone is interested.
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS
    </br>Shipping charge</br> -0-
    </br>Handling time</br> 1 - 2 business days
    </br>References</br> -
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Not open to trade offers
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

2. demiro

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    if anyone is interested please feel free to make an offer

3. demiro

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    A gentle bump, and wondering if everyone thinks price is out of whack? Based on condition of lens + extras and what I see it selling for I thought I was OK. Tell me if I'm not -- no hurt feelings here. :smile:

4. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    I think it's quite fair with the extras, however silver nose versions of om lenses tend to be less sharp than higher serial number om lenses. (And thus less desirable) I have two 50mm 1.4 OM lenses; one is 8XXXXX and another one is 11XXXXX, the one million above serial number has a different (multi coating) so it is generally sharper than earlier versions.

Good luck with the sale though as the earlier versions have a great rendering for B&W photos though!

5. robertro

robertro Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Apr 22, 2010
    It's a great little lens; you can always compare your proce to eBay completed auctions to do a reality check on pricing.

I'd suggest that you post in the NEX forum - I think that NEX users tend to use more manual focus lenses.

6. demiro

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    Interesting info on the OM lenses. Thanks for your post. I hadn't heard that before, but after some Googling I do see that more recent serial #s are generally preferred.

As to robertro's point, I did look at ebay sales, specifically with regard to the G. Zuiko lens. Looks like average price is maybe in the $90+ range, but generally with only caps. So I figured the two filters + hood + adapters would add some value. But I understand that some buyers will not care much about "extras".

I'll probably cross-list it on NEX and may be ebay as well, but I think I may takes some test shots before I do that.

7. mintchoco

mintchoco Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

May 24, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I have this lens and it's a great lens! :smile:

8. SockHaser

SockHaser New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Feb 22, 2013
    Do you have any images you can show from this lens, preferably wide open?

9. demiro

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    It's definitely softer wide open. Just snapped three pics. First at 1.4, then at 2.8, then at 5.6. Focus point is blue + sign in center of label. Hand held.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.