[Ebay] Olympus OM-2 w/ Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm lens | Location: USA (NY) | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by digitalandfilm, Apr 9, 2013.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jul 18, 2011
    Buy & Sell Listing - Ebay
    Selling</br> Olympus OM-2 w/ Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm lens
    </br>Location</br> USA (NY)
    </br>Ships to</br> CONUS
    </br>Link to Ebay listing</br> Olympus OM 2 Camera Body 35mm SLR Film Camera w Vivitar Series 1 28 90mm | eBay

Up for auction is an excellent, tested and CLA'd OM-2 SLR that works flawlessly.

In addition, I include the Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm f2.8-3.5 macro which is the desirable "Komine" OEM.

PayPal only, will sell/ship to USA *only* and (as with all my auctions of camera gear) no returns- but you can see by my feedback (100%) that I'm a trustworthy seller.

Buyer also covered by Ebay's "Buyer Protection".

Main Features

The Olympus OM-2 was an aperture priority automatic camera (with full manual operation selected via switch), based on the earlier, successful Olympus OM-1 body. The OM-2 was introduced in 1975,[1] and combined the light, sturdy camera body style of the manual-only OM-1 with a new automatic exposure system. One of the main selling points of the OM-2 was that all of the OM-1 accessories and lenses would fit without modification, offering a complete photographic system which could be carried easily, and allowing OM-1 owners an easy upgrade path. Although the camera was touted in various trade publications and magazines as technically superior, Olympus as a company did not have the same brand recognition as Nikon or Canon and, as a result, some professionals considered the lenses inferior due to their lighter weight.

Technical details

Of the many features the OM-2 boasted in most promotional literature, the mostly commonly advertised feature is that it was the first camera to offer a TTL direct metering system for film,[2] named Auto Dynamic Metering (ADM). This "off the film" was the first ever. Another feature of the OM-2 was the integration of two available electronic flash guns into the system. The camera set the duration and intensity of the flash during exposure using its inbuilt sensors by measuring the amount of light reaching the film. This ensured excellent results under difficult conditions. Exposure calculation was unique thanks to the twin "blue cell" sensors which measured light reflected off a paint splatter-patterned surface on the lens side of the shutter for shutter speeds above 1/60 s while exposure was calculated from light reflected off the film surface during the actual exposure for shutter speeds below 1/60 s The camera also offered a manual light-meter mode, as with the OM-1.
    The OM-2 has electronic shutter control but is still mechanical enough to expose without a battery at one speed, 1/60th of a second.

Vivitar Series 1

In 1975 Vivitar introduced the "Series 1" line of lenses. They were intended to compete with the best offerings of the major camera manufacturers, albeit at a very high price -- they were quite expensive even by OEM standards. Nonetheless, discriminating photographers who could afford the price snapped them up and they are still much sought-after by photographers willing to give up auto focus in return for top quality optics, construction and versatility.
    </br>References</br> -
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

2. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Beautiful camera! I have an OM-2, not as clean as this one, and it's a lot of fun to shoot. Good luck with the sale.
  3. digitalandfilm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jul 18, 2011
    Here's one from this setup

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/88068576@N08/8382596252/" title="29480017-Edit.jpg by omdandom2n, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="653" alt="29480017-Edit.jpg"></a>
  4. digitalandfilm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jul 18, 2011
    I will also add a few silver oxide batteries to the buyer.