• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Olympus OM-1 2-Lens Kit - $200. Ships: US

Buy/Sell feedback for agentlossing (8)

Real Name
Andrew L
Items to sell/buy/trade: Olympus OM-1 2-Lens Kit - $220 $200

Prices: OM-1 + 24mm f2.8 + 50mm f1.8 = $200 plus shipping

Ships to: US

Description: Itching to get into (or expand into) analogue photography? Have I got the camera kit for you! Okay, I'm not going to set that kind of tone here. This is a used OM-1 in very good shape, tested and working, no pentaprism foam disintegration to mess up the VF, meter works and Wein cell battery included (make that two, one installed and one packaged and unopened), and, best of all, two very nice lenses (which incidentally also adapt very well to M4/3). The 24mm f2.8 is nice and sharp, often goes for $100-150 and the nifty fifty is a classic, well worth at least $50-60, so you are really getting the body thrown in (almost) for free even though working OM-1's go for almost $100 themselves.

Reason for the bargain: we're always looking for bargains, first of all. Condition notes to consider: there's minor dust specks in the viewfinder, really not many at all and the huge OM-1 viewfinder is very crisp and clean. But there does appear to be a very small scratch in the focus screen if I am identifying it correctly, up at the very top corner by the tab which is used to pull the focus screen out. So maybe a tool mark. You have to be scrutinizing the top edge of the viewfinder to notice it. The focusing screen is my favorite of the ones I've used, it's not a split image but just a circle in the middle with very clear and crisp pattern, it makes this very easy to focus.

There is also some internal dust as might be expected with the lenses, minor and doesn't affect the images. You show me some of these that have been used and don't have minor internal dust and I'll be surprised.

The leatherette on the body is a bit dry, so the edges around the sides of the cameras are just peeling up a tiny bit in the corners. Apply a bit of sticky adhesive or glue and they'll stay down and look fine - I'm just not going to do it in case a buyer wants to replace the leatherette with something snazzier.

Like I mentioned, the meter works perfectly and I've tested film, exposure looks spot on. The batteries which work with this camera are not hard to find but there aren't many substitutes, their life lasts awhile after exposure to the air, so the one in the camera is a month or so old, the other is unopened.

If you want it, I'll include FREE a cheap but serviceable OM-M4/3 adapter so you can play with the lenses on your M4/3 camera too.

Images for this listing: File(s) attached

Payments accepted: Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method: Priority Mail

Shipping charge: $10

Handling time: 1-2 days

References: Here, eBay @agentlossing

Additional comments: Open to reasonable offers below asking price, Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules. Yes

Attachments

• PXL_20210522_190703732.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210522_190703732.MP.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 157
  • KPI_2530.JPG
    KPI_2530.JPG
    432.9 KB · Views: 168
  • KPI_2535.JPG
    KPI_2535.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 158
  • KPI_2536.JPG
    KPI_2536.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 149
  • KPI_2538.JPG
    KPI_2538.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 148
  • KPI_2542.JPG
    KPI_2542.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 149
  • KPI_2543.JPG
    KPI_2543.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 131
  • KPI_2546.JPG
    KPI_2546.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 141
  • KPI_2547.JPG
    KPI_2547.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 141
  • KPI_2549.JPG
    KPI_2549.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 135
  • KPI_2551.JPG
    KPI_2551.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Mu-43 Legend
How many megapixels and what’s the magnification of the EVF ;)

nice looking set. GLWS

Real Name
Andrew L
How many megapixels and what’s the magnification of the EVF ;)

nice looking set. GLWS
As many MP as you want! And the viewfinder could be considered electronic, what with the moving needle... Right??

UPDATE: Price drop to $200, I did some updated price searching on the Bay and revised my expectations a little bit since things seem to be going for a bit less than when I was last looking. Also forgot that I got a really nice black leather half case and cover with the camera which is not old and cracked, I'll include it as well!

Last edited:

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
Would you think about separating the camera from the lenses? I already have both those lenses, but I may be interested in the camera.

Latest threads

Top Bottom