Olympus Micro Four Thirds Retro Bag Medium

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Since growing my M4/3 kit I have been looking for a stealth bag to carry it all in for those days out with the family. When at work I normally have the GF1 & 20mm in its optech case thrown into my rucksack, but for urbexing and family stuff I wanted something different.

I have a few lowepro bags, but none small enough yet big enough. Then, after seeing the SMALL version of the Olympus Micro Four Thirds Retro Bag in Harrisons, I loved it, soft battered looking leather, very very retro, nice and padded...but only just big enough for a GF1 & 20mm.

I took a chance (based on look and feel) and ordered the "Medium" Its great! Its less square than the small, and it fits the GF1, 20mm, 14-45, EVF, batteries, filters, table top tripod and has a bit of room to spare.

Definitely worth a look if you are looking for a small stealthy case thats big enough to hold a few things without looking "lowepro boxy"

1518752.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/21693_pen-camera_micro_four_thirds_retro_bag_22045.htm

Good price too, got mine for £27 delivered.

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Wow this is really nice. Can you post photos of the inside of it? I hope they have it here in SG.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Check out this thread: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?p=4140&highlight=retro#post4140 Chow Monkey bought one and seems to really like his, too. Sorry, in my enthusiasm to let you know someone else had this nice bag, I realize that he really hasn't posted too much about it except that he likes it quite a bit.

It's good that you started this thread solely about the bag so others will be able to spot it easily.

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Whoops didnt see that thread - kinda missed it due to the title.

Will try to get some photos together of the bag with kit inside

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Thanks cstevens, by the way I've been meaning to say how much I like your avatar.

Of course you wouldn't see it in that thread, I only remember it because I posted in it and remembered Chow Monkey's bag, etc... It's kind of an all encompassing thread :biggrin: while yours is specific.

Raimondi

Mu-43 Rookie
Really want to have one but not available in USA nor Asia. Anyone can get one and resell to me or we can do a forum group purchase here?

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Just taken a few shots as requested.

Everything about to be packed
CSA_9015-Export_resize.jpg

Everything packed, still plenty of room
CSA_9019-Export_resize.jpg

Couple with bag closed with camera to show rough size
CSA_9031-Export_resize.jpg

CSA_9027-Export_resize.jpg

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
I cant find a "made with leather" sticker on it anywhere, so I suspect you are correct. I am not 100% that its not leather, but like you say for the price surely it cant be?

That said, its an incredible fake, it really looks and feels like soft worn leather, I had a coat a long time ago that felt exactly the same.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I also am/was very interested in this bag but unfortunately it is only available in Europe and the UK. I am as an alternative looking at the National Geographic bag which is similar and is available here.

Bill, I'll fly one out to you if you pay my expenses, Business Class will be fine!

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I dont mind flying cattle class, I will bring you 2 :)

Hello Craig
Thanks for the offer.....:)>))....however I think that I will reconsider that particular bag. I have been looking at the National Geographic bag and I think that it offers a slightly larger bag for room to include the camera and 2 lenses...I think....I have yet to see it in the flesh!! Of course, if you would like to join me in a pint or two I will be availabe from May 3rd under the 7th and then May 18th to 24 when I return to the World Champion Gold Medal Country!! Gosh, how proud I am of our young people...imagine...we beat the Yanks, the Ruskies and all those other countries!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::clap2::jedi:

I see that you are into Wedding Photography...gosh I did that in the late 40's and on into the early 60's......wot a drag that was!!

flipGTO

Mu-43 Regular
I also am/was very interested in this bag but unfortunately it is only available in Europe and the UK. I am as an alternative looking at the National Geographic bag which is similar and is available here.

I was looking at buying a Domke F5XB for my :43: kit, but I just went with a smaller Crumpler bag. The Nat Geo bags do look nice though.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
I have the Domke F5XB and it works great....
Very small and compact. Holds the G1 & Pen 1 with 2 extra lenses, cards, batteries.
Great bag

Latest threads

Top Bottom