Olympus menu questions

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ragdoll, Nov 18, 2014.

1. ragdoll

ragdoll New to Mu-43

Aug 27, 2014
    Southern California
    I recently purchased a PM2 and have a couple of frustrations with the menu system. When I bring up the Super Control Panel, it doesn't stay on the screen long enough for me to find the setting I want then it disappears. I have not been able to find a setting to change that. What I have been doing is toggling aimlessly to keep it on longer but that is distracting. Also, is there a way to make the icons on the screen generally larger? I am 53 and don't wear glasses, but seriously, I need reading glasses to properly use this camera, that is not normal for me in regular life!

My other thoughts, I am constantly changing things by hitting the touch screen inadvertently but I don't want to turn it off due to the lack of physical control dials, the touch screen is really handy. Also, I am finding the toggle dial very touchy.

I like the output so far but I am struggling with a few things. Maybe having a full featured camera in a point and shoot size is not the way to go for me. Any thoughts?
  2. JimUSNY

JimUSNY Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2013
    Mid Hudson Valley NY
    You mean you hit the OK button for the SCP? and it goes away very fast? what about if you use the info button till it comes up? I can get to it either way on the EM1 and the info button seems to keep it on much longer.. not sure if it is same way ion your PM2.
    I would think there a setting on how long it should stay on in the menu, but I have a heck of a time finding stuff I dont mess with much
  3. ragdoll

ragdoll New to Mu-43

Aug 27, 2014
    Southern California
    If I hit the OK button, it comes up for 6 seconds. Doesn't pop up with the info button, that may be something I can change. I have a Panasonic LF1 as well, looking at them side by side it is easier for me to read the info on the screen with that camera.
  4. kirschm

kirschm Mu-43 Regular

May 4, 2014
    This is the behaviour of all PENs that I had so far (PL1, PL2, PM2, PL5, PL7)... 6 secs should be enough to make up your mind... if you want the menue to stay longer just press e.g. the up / down arrow to keep it alive for another 6 secs... there's no way to change those 6 secs....

And by pushing the info button during those 6 secs you can change between the 2 types of menues... the info button itself does not trigger this kind of menue... and you cannot change it... it's simply the way the Oly menue behaves... you will get used to it for sure...

If you generally need more than 6 secs... just use the traditional menue via the menue button... sooner or later you know the 6 secs menue by heart and cannot wait until the 6 secs are over... :)