1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus MC-14 1.4X Teleconverter release date?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by zulfur666, Nov 14, 2014.

1. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Anybody have a release date for the Olympus MC-14 1.4X Teleconverter yet? Perhaps Mark at *********** gets some soon? :smile:

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    I asked Oly reps at an event In Atlanta on the 7th. They said they had not be told a date. The same story from the camera store when we picked up our 40-150 units on Wednesday. With luck we get them as Christmas stocking stuffers.

3. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Anybody took a chance to order it off ebay from Japan?

4. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    I think ordering one from Japan would be a relatively safe bet, its not like a camera where you may get it with Japanese as the only option for the UI, or as complex as a standard lens that could have any number of issues. I would think something as simple as a TC would be perfectly safe to order from an international seller, but I've had no issues ordering international items in the past, including a 45/1.8 from Korea via ebay.

Just make sure the item is actually available for sale and not a pre-order.

5. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BobbyTan

BobbyTan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 26, 2013
    Long Beach, CA
    Thanks for the heads up! Sure hope my pre-order with B&H ships this month as I need it for my trip to Bosque del Apache early January.

7. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    If time allows, also do White Sands National Monument just to the south.

8. Milko

Milko Mu-43 Regular

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I just received mine.

I've ordered from an ebay shop, didn't know much about it at the time.
    I've looked on amazon.jp to check prices and made them a similar offer.
    They accepted. Delivery was free.

The listing said that the item will be available on 29th of November,
    few days after 29th I received a dispatch notification.
    I was expecting it after new year and already arranged for someone to send it over to where I'm going.

I was pleasantly surprised when I received a customs retention letter on Friday...well, kind of pleasantly surprised, haha.

Anyway with the fees paid it's still £100 cheaper than UK retail price!

So, here it is.

OlyTC14.JPG

Funny thing is, I've ordered it around 20th of November, and I got it now all the way from Japan,
    whilst I've pre-ordered the 40-150 more than two months ago form a local camera shop and it's nowhere to be found.

So yeah...I've got no lens to try it on.
    But I highly recommend the Love Otaku Japan shop! Their details are on the card in the image.
    Oh and I got an origami Crane, how cool is that!

• Like Like x 3
  9. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    It should work with most mount adapters, if you have one and a legacy or 4/3 lens.

Barry

• Like Like x 1
  10. RenaudVL

RenaudVL Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    It does no look like we will be able to stack them... That to bad...

11. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    A 1.x TC will typically drop the light level by one stop. So if you put a 1.xTC on a f4 lens, the combo is f5.6 which is usually the limit for most camera bodies to get auto focusing to work. That was true with my old Canon 35mm kit. So if you try to do more....likely no autofocus. I would be surprised if Olympus does a 2z TC. After all the 300 + 1.4TC combo already gives a huge reach that is comparable to 800mm+ on a 35mm FF body.

12. newphoto

newphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    I ordered my 1.4X from Japan at $25 less than B&H (still out of stock). Free shipping and it should be here no later than the 18th. Instructions will be in Japanese and no USA warranty, but I doubt that I will need them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Thanks for the info. If you don't mind I'd be curious if you'd be hit with custom fees and what the total would be with all things considered and how long it actually took from the time you placed the order till you take delivery. Would be great if you can pass on the ebay seller. Thanks a bunch

14. newphoto

newphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    Ordered it from ace_of_bicycle2004. No custom fees coming into the USA. Will update when I receive it. I used PayPal so should be a safe transaction, plus good ratings on the seller, but he is not the only one on Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  15. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Thanks, pulled the trigger as well on ebay ace_of_bicycle2004 (seems one person already received it from there and left good feedback), as I'd like to have it before Christmas (heading back home) and my hopes to receive it from any US retailer fainted.

16. BobbyTan

BobbyTan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 26, 2013
    Long Beach, CA
    Did the same thing today, as I don't think the order that I placed with B&H on 9/15 is going to ship until January.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tadgh78

Tadgh78 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2013
    Ireland
    I don't supose anyone has tried this with the panasonic 100-300 or Oly 70-300mm? If so i'd be interested to hear how it worked for you.

18. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    The only mu-43 lenses it works with are the 40-150mm PRO and the upcoming 300 mm.
    Maybe more new lenses someday.

However, it should work with most mount adapters for legacy and 4/3 lenses.

Barry

• Like Like x 1
  19. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    FYI, I started the thread to inform people about a potential release date of the MC-14 adapter.... not what other lenses it may or may not work with. There are other threads about it or start one if you feel the need to discuss it. Sorry if it comes across harsh but don't want the thread to get "hijacked" as I check it regularly to get info if other members got the converter and if so where or where I just bought mine from and my experience, including other member's to help future buyers especially on this forum. Thanks