Olympus Master Software

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BillN, Mar 3, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Olympus Master Software

the CD that comes with the Oly cams

does anyone use it for anything apart from updating the firmware?

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Not I,
    PS & LR but it does a nice job.
    I'm just spoiled....

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    that's were I'm at

4. curtisls87

curtisls87 Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Los Gatos, CA, USA
    Curt Schimmels
    I have Lightroom and Photoshop CS4 on the iMac at home, but found myself needing something on my MBP from time to time to develop RAW, so I put Master on it. It's serviceable, but I don't really care for the workflow. Having said that, it does have some nice tools in it, if you know what you're doing. One, the "e-Portrait" has a "smoothing" tool that can clean up wrinkles, acne, et cetera, pretty well but be careful about application. Lighter is better. e-Portrait also has the ability to "enlarge eyes," which is a common technique of pro photographers.
    Of course, in the last update to iPhoto, they finally put RAW support in it for the E-P1, so I'll probably not use Master now for anything other than firmware updates.

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I use Olympus Studio on Windows XP... it means I can shoot raw and apply any of the Art Filters afterwards, plus I can get the Olympus colour signature as the starting point (I usually finish by applying my 'enrich shadows' style and any other relighting and scaling in Lightzone).

My next favourite is currently Capture One 5 PRO - with the Olympus colour signature provided by FujiCol... one of the posters over on dpreview who does custom icc profiles.

Cheers

Brian

Cheers

Brian

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I have Olympus Studio and Silkypix but mainly use ACR in CS4. Yes I collect software as well as lenses.