Olympus Macro Converter MCON-P02

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I had the older one, which is good. If this one is just as good optically, it looks even more versatile. It would be interesting to see how it compares to a Raynox though.

Real Name
Ian
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3634428

That's a thread I put together quickly after I received the lens. I'm happy with the lens for my needs. It offers very good magnification, especially on the 45mm. I've never done macro before, and one thing to be cognizant of is the focal plane when shooting with large apertures. The closer focusing distance magnifies this, so be sure the item you want to shoot is fully in focus, or else a part of it may end up blurred.

Here are a couple other photos of it on the 45mm.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1100037 by ijm5012, on Flickr

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1100029 by ijm5012, on Flickr

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I have both. The new one feels to be much better in construction, but the older one has that removable ring to make it fit the 40-150. I was going to sell of the older one when the new one arrived, but I prefer that bayonet system over using step-up/down rings on the new one. I can see no difference in IQ.

DL Photo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dave
I've heard good things about the Raynox 150 and 250 adapters. Tempted to buy one of these. Hoping to get more feedback on the Raynox versions though.

Real Name
Emily
Is there a table showing which lenses it works on? I'm after a converter that will work on the 40-150 and on the 14-42 Mk2.
You need the MCON-P01, then. It will work on both of those lenses. (Not on the original Mk1 14-42, though.)

The Olympus website doesn't list the 40-150 as a compatible lens for the MCON-P02. It lists only the M.14-42EZ, M.14-42 IIR, M.45mm f1.8, M.25mm f1.8, M.17mm f1.8 and M.12mm f2.0.

If you want more magnification without buying a macro lens, look at the Raynox. Alternatively, if you don't mind manual focus, you could pick up a legacy lens and an adapter for not too much more than the MCON. I picked up a Canon 50mm 3.5 macro for about $50 from KEH (BGN condition, but it turned out to be pretty nice).

aukirk

Mu-43 Regular
I have seen a list of what lenses work with this, but does anyone know what the minimum focus distance is for each lens with the use of the macro converter? The 45m is naturally 1.64' MFD and the 25m is 9.4"... anyone know the formula for determining how close you can get with the converter?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom