Olympus M10 Mk2 very occasionally freezes!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Johntech, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Johntech

Johntech New to Mu-43

Dec 29, 2015
    Hello everyone this is my first post.
    I recently bought a new M10 Mk2 the camera is superb and I am very pleased with the results.
    But very occasionally the camera will freeze will not do anything except the viewfinder is dimly lit. The only way to fix it is to remove the battery and replace it then of you go again.
    On a 10day holiday it did it twice. It looks like a software glitch.
    Has anyone else had this problem please? The trouble is you cannot demonstrate the fault as it only occurs every 100 to 200 shots or so!
    Any thoughts gratefully received
    Thanks John Yorkshire Dales England
  2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Welcome to m43's !

What lens are you using ? Does the same thing happen with another lens ? Does it matter what shooting mode you're in ? Is the issue random or reproducible ?

I know this is only vaguely similar, but my E-PM1 freezes up intermittently for about 5-10sec when shooting with the 20mm for no apparent reason, usually after a shot or two rather than straight after power-on. Comes right after that though. I don't think it happens with any other lens (that I can remember).

I haven't done any systematic experimentation to try and reproduce this (eg different lenses, different modes, different memory cards etc, regular shots vs burst) - I've just put it down to an annoying glitch.