Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f4.0-5.6 R $99.99 + free shipping at Henry's Canada

I can't imagine Olympus make any sales directly from their UK website with prices like these.
Another example, the 12mm,f2.0 is £817 on their site,(about $1225), postage is free though,(whoopee!).
A quick price check on other uk sites would save £200 on that lens.

Generally, these type of low prices come into play after a product has been out for a while and the company has recouped all their R&D and tooling costs. After those costs are covered, they are only paying for the material and manufacturing and the rest is profit. I doubt they are losing any money, even at $99. Canada is not a very big market compared to the USA so not sure how the deal came to be. Perhaps they were trying to stimulate the Canadian market.

thomastaesu

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Thomas
My creditcard payment is still pending from getolympus.com. I wonder if they are ever gonna process the order...

LeeOsenton

Mu-43 Button Clicker
Real Name
Lee Osenton
I ordered the silver lens from Henry's the day OP shared his discovery. Henry's site clearly stated the silver was special order and I decided to order one.

They just notified me it is on the way! They also had Canadian post office send me tracking info. Nice!! U.S. dealers including Olympus site didn't offer the $99 deal until the next day. I am not in a hurry and glad that I got the chance to try Henry's.

Lee

shudongh

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Shudong Huang
I received the kit option from Adorama today (minus the back ordered cleaning kit). The bundled filter isn't too bad - it has some anti-reflexive coating (much better than the junkie Tiffen filters). So if you're into filters, I suggest you choose the kit option (even though the price has gone up by $5 - now at $106).

If you're ever going to use filters, I suggest you replace the original cap with a center pinch one, like:

Adorama CC58 58mm Center Pinch Lens Cap CC58

You'll find it easier to remove or put back the cap even with the hood on (if you're going to use one). I also suggest you use the bundled lens cap leash and put the thread directly through the replacement cap's pre-drilled hole. That's pretty much what I do with all my lenses and I never worry about losing the cap. Some people may not like it, though.

harryz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Igor
Got my shipping notice from Henrys today!
I ordered it at Feb 6 and didn't have any notification. I asked them order status. Here it is their answer:
This lens is currently out of stock and we are waiting for more lenses to arrive. Estimated delivery is the end of February

So sad.

rollbread

Mu-43 Rookie
My creditcard payment is still pending from getolympus.com. I wonder if they are ever gonna process the order...

Hi, did the payment appears in your credit card?

I ordered on the 11th, but until now the payment did not even appear in my credit card. I had send 3 emails but they don't bother to reply at all. :frown:

thomastaesu

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Thomas
Hi, did the payment appears in your credit card?

I ordered on the 11th, but until now the payment did not even appear in my credit card. I had send 3 emails but they don't bother to reply at all. :frown:

It stayed pending status for the longest time, then finally posted on the day of shipping. If you ordered on getolympus.com, be patient. It will eventually come!

Good luck.

ice_man

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Z
Placed my order today. I guess it's a good buy for a small travel telephoto...

ReallyBadPictures

Mu-43 Regular
I just received mine from Adorama and here are 2 quick pictures I just took with it.

The first one is at 150mm and the second is 40.

Attachments

• rsz_p2161064.jpg
    rsz_p2161064.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 273
  • rsz_p2161067.jpg
    rsz_p2161067.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 271

InlawBiker

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Greg
same here, i have G2 and Pana 45-200. i'll skip on this deal tho very tempting. i saw this comparison between 2 two.
Panasonic 45-200mm f/4-5.6 MEGA O.I.S. vs Olympus 40-150mm f/4-5.6 - Our Analysis

I did end up ordering the Oly 40-150mm for my G2, it came yesterday. I took it to my son's lacrosse practice - it worked exactly like I thought it would. I realized right away how good OIS is on the 45-200. I had to ratchet up ISO a bit but, this is a very capable lens.

The 40-150 is very small and I intend to use it for hiking and skiing. So I think it'll be perfect for outdoorsy stuff. It's not much bigger than the 14-42mm kit lens.

Besides at $99 it's worth keeping, I can find an E-PL1 to attach it to some day rather than get rid of it!

G.

dtchan

Mu-43 Veteran
Got mine yesterday and tested it out today. This is at 89mm.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dtchan/8481069422/" title="@Terra Nova Rural Park by dtchan, on Flickr"> View attachment 258156 "1024" height="512" alt="@Terra Nova Rural Park"></a>

marcsitkin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Marc Sitkin
I ordered from Olympus USA on Feb 11, followed up with an email on the 14th, finally got a human today on the phone who says they are out of stock and will be resupplied in 7-14 days as a guesstemite... time to check Amazon!

sublimesun

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt
Ordered one (silver) from Henry's and got it 4 business days later. First impressions: Feels kinda cheap (focus ring) and does not focus as quick as my primes (expected). Will be handy to have in the bag when I need a little reach from time to time. Worth the $114 with tax.

schreibers

Mu-43 Rookie
I ordered from Olympus USA on Feb 11, followed up with an email on the 14th, finally got a human today on the phone who says they are out of stock and will be resupplied in 7-14 days as a guesstemite... time to check Amazon!

Thanks for following up marc that's more than I got when I tried to find out when they'd have more in stock to fulfill the discounted orders. :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom