Olympus M.ZUIKO 60mm f/2.8 Macro New Arrival- LTD stock !

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Chuck-B&H, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro Lens from Olympus is a Micro Four Thirds lens compatible with the PEN series of interchangeable-lens digital cameras. It is a prime lens with a fixed focal length of 60mm (35mm equivalent: 120mm) designed for sharp close-up shooting. The wide, fast f/2.8 maximum aperture creates a shallow depth of field and improves image quality in low-light conditions. The much narrower minimum aperture of f/22 creates greater depth of field and is useful in brighter conditions. The lens' aperture is controlled by a 7-blade circular diaphragm. The maximum reproduction ratio is 1:1, and you can focus as close as 7.4" (18.8 cm).

2. corndog

corndog Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 4, 2012
    Do you know if they're going to flip the switch on the website to show limited stock on hand?

3. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    I'm sure we will when the situation warrants it.

4. corndog

corndog Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 4, 2012
    Okay, well, I've lived long enough to know that buying a lens based on someone saying it's in stock while the website says it's out of stock, is a sure recipe for something not to go right. If someone can't be bothered to perform fifteen seconds of website work, then I certainly can't be bothered to gamble with my time.

5. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    When it's in stock our site will say it's in stock. When our site says its in stock, it's in stock.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Thanks for the clarification.

7. corndog

corndog Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 4, 2012
    Got it. I'll assume that means we should ignore threads like these that state there is stock on hand when the website says there is nothing on hand. Cheers. Though, it's good now that someone updated the website.

8. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    Let's not be obtuse. When Chuck posted, he said LIMITED quantities and when he posted that's what we had. Since he posted, inventory ran down to zero and will be replenished just as soon as Oly is able to supply more.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    According to the in stock news, yesterday night I put an order on this lens and a filter that should arrive to Miami with an estimate delivery of 6 bussines days, according to the B&H order confirmation.

As I live in South America, it is going to be delivered at a friend's home, who will be flying to my country next november 22.

I really hope it will arrive on time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. corndog

corndog Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 4, 2012
    When Chuck posted, he said there was limited quantity on hand and the website showed nothing in stock. That doesn't make people feel comfortable because they don't know what to believe. They don't know if the limited quantity that Chuck said was on hand went really fast and is now sold out.

And you know what, any response other than "My apologies, Sir, please trust that there is currently stock on hand. Also, please trust that if there are any issues, we will take care of it immediately", is absolutely ridiculous. Instead, you've chosen to be curt and insulting. Luckily for you, B&H is so big these days that losing a few sales from rude employees really doesn't matter. One thing is for certain, Herman would have sent you packing for talking to people like that in 1973.

11. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    Well, it seems that I got one of the last "in stock" 60mm f/2.8 lenses: I received confirmation that it has already shipped and its scheduled to arrive next wednesday to Miami. I am really looking forward to receive all my purchases one week later :smile:

The B&H lens page now says that is "available for pre-order"...

12. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Mercurio, the 60mm is very very nice...I can't wait to use it in Bogota' around la navidad!

13. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    Great to know you're getting one. We hope you enjoy using it. When you've had some time with it we'd be grateful if you posted a product review.

14. AndyT

AndyT Mu-43 Regular

I was also one of the lucky ones who managed to jump on one in the brief time that they were in stock !!

Arrived on time today - ordered Tuesday evening, in South Africa on Monday morning.

So far - awesome !!! And that is just fooling around in the house.
    Off for a hike over the weekend. can't wait ........

15. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    I don't know how many we have nor how long they're remain available but right now the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro Lens is in stock.

16. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    Sure I will, I am looking forward to receive all my shopping - I am sick with GAS - and I will be glad to share my images and thoughs about my new pieces of equipment. :smile:

17. Rohini-ZA

Rohini-ZA New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2013
    Durban
    Rohini
    Compatibility

Hi Chuck

I own a Panasonic GF1

I'm looking for a macro lens for it - is the Oly 60mm/f2.8 compatible with it.

I've read various blogs - some saying it works fine and others saying image stabilisation is a problem.

Can you help?

I know my only other option is the Panny-Leica 45mm but it is a lot more expensive....

18. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    It's fine, it just doesn't have stabilization built in, and the Panasonic bodies rely on the lens having stabilization. So if you are using it as a short telephoto lens you'll need to use a fast shutter speed like in the old days.

For macro work you're best off using a tripod no matter what lens you use, and you would shut off any stabilization the lens or camera had for that.

19. Rohini-ZA

Rohini-ZA New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2013
    Durban
    Rohini
    thank you for your help!

20. HA_DA_JA

HA_DA_JA Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    Australia. Brisbane
    Quick question to b&h. How do I buy a Olympus 60mm through this site so the mu43 gets there cut? What is postage to Australia brisbane 4123?
    Thanks