1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus M Zuiko 45mm f1.8 - Australia

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Luckypenguin, Nov 7, 2014.

1. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Hi and thanks ... with a caveat

I clicked on this immediately, and when I got to the checkout the system (theirs) crashed. I thought "oh, perhaps its a browser / j ava script issue so I switched to a different machine and got the same result (although the second time I just logged in to the site to complete my txn).

I sent off an email and got this reply this morning
    makes me wonder how effective this site is for advertising and if somehow Amin can't capitalise further on that.

2. I was going to say that sometimes these deals also get posted to the Ozbargain website which drives a lot of traffic, but I just checked and I couldn't find this one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    But there are a couple of posts related to the grips there which may be causing an issue.

Andrew

4. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    The Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8 Portrait Black is now selling for $229 (limited quantities) at Plaza Cameras, Perth.

Andrew

5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks very much for that link. I succumbed! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I hope they have stock to fullfill my order. :rolleyes:

6. Ross the fiddler

Just a question about them. This is on their FAQ's page:
    Does that mean their products are grey imports or does it mean back to manufacturers base in Australia?

EDIT: There is now no listing of that lens at all.

7. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    I would assume it means you have to return the lens to them for warranty; bit much to expect them to come to you :)

Andrew

8. Ross the fiddler

Thanks, I think. :wink:

9. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    These guys are dodgy, I have still not got my lens and they are saying that they don't have any in the country yet. I paid for mine on the 9th and so far there is nothing more informative on their site (I had to create an account and log in to see my invoice) than
    I will probably be taking this up with Paypal on monday if I don't hear back from these wallies soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ross the fiddler

Let's see how good they are at cancelling my order.

11. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    For anyone following this, I got an email last night (yes Saturday night) from them saying:
    so this represents good communication (although better communication would have been preemptive information not responding to complaints).

I also got the tracking number they suggested would be following on Sunday morning.

fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ross the fiddler

I got my refund as well today. As nice as that lens is & especially at that price, I didn't really need it & would hardly use it plus my laptop needed replacing (a couple of things failing & the 'blue screen of death' after updating from win 8 to win 8.1). As long as I can get the files off it (that weren't backed up) I'll be OK & will continue with a more capable laptop instead.

13. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    lens arrived on Tuesday, everything good (just to provide closure on my part of this thread)