Olympus M Zuiko 45mm f1.8 - Australia

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
Hi and thanks ... with a caveat

Brand new for $275 + $17.95 shipping, available in black or silver.
I clicked on this immediately, and when I got to the checkout the system (theirs) crashed. I thought "oh, perhaps its a browser / j ava script issue so I switched to a different machine and got the same result (although the second time I just logged in to the site to complete my txn).

I sent off an email and got this reply this morning
Thank you for your email inquiry.
Due to the volume of inquiries and communications both email and phone we will reply as soon as possible

Gerry Gibbs Camera House
makes me wonder how effective this site is for advertising and if somehow Amin can't capitalise further on that.

Real Name
Nic
I was going to say that sometimes these deals also get posted to the Ozbargain website which drives a lot of traffic, but I just checked and I couldn't find this one.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
The Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8 Portrait Black is now selling for $229 (limited quantities) at Plaza Cameras, Perth.

Andrew
Just a question about them. This is on their FAQ's page:
Is my camera covered by warranty?

YES. All our cameras have a Australian back to base 12-month warranty
Does that mean their products are grey imports or does it mean back to manufacturers base in Australia?

EDIT: There is now no listing of that lens at all.

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
These guys are dodgy, I have still not got my lens and they are saying that they don't have any in the country yet. I paid for mine on the 9th and so far there is nothing more informative on their site (I had to create an account and log in to see my invoice) than
11/10/2014 Goods in Transit From Distributo
I will probably be taking this up with Paypal on monday if I don't hear back from these wallies soon.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
These guys are dodgy, I have still not got my lens and they are saying that they don't have any in the country yet. I paid for mine on the 9th and so far there is nothing more informative on their site (I had to create an account and log in to see my invoice) than

I will probably be taking this up with Paypal on monday if I don't hear back from these wallies soon.
Let's see how good they are at cancelling my order.

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
For anyone following this, I got an email last night (yes Saturday night) from them saying:
We do apologies there was a major Stuff up by Olympus.
3 Pallets of lenses and Cameras that were invoiced were reportedly shipped to us on the 4th November.
The boss got pretty irate with them on Monday as we were getting calls and emails left and right.
The goods for some reason never shipped and were air freighted to us on Wednesday.
The warehouse worked all last night and will do over the weekend to get the units dispatched to some 147 customers.
You will receive a tracking link later today as the system updates that will be active from Monday afternoon with a scheduled delivery to you on Tuesday
so this represents good communication (although better communication would have been preemptive information not responding to complaints).

I also got the tracking number they suggested would be following on Sunday morning.

fingers crossed

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
For anyone following this, I got an email last night (yes Saturday night) from them saying:

so this represents good communication (although better communication would have been preemptive information not responding to complaints).

I also got the tracking number they suggested would be following on Sunday morning.

fingers crossed
I got my refund as well today. As nice as that lens is & especially at that price, I didn't really need it & would hardly use it plus my laptop needed replacing (a couple of things failing & the 'blue screen of death' after updating from win 8 to win 8.1). As long as I can get the files off it (that weren't backed up) I'll be OK & will continue with a more capable laptop instead.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom