Olympus-M-Zuiko-40-150mm-f-4-0-5-6-Micro-ED-Digital-Zoom-Lens-Black-Factory-Demo- $154 At Cameta

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ReallyBadPictures, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
  2. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    It's slightly sharper than the 45-200mm and I think this is the lowest price it's been by $10.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
    Thanks. Once I get a bit more money I might buy this.
  4. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    Madison, WI
    I've been thinking about getting this lens for a while, and this seems to be a good price. Optically it's identical to the later "R" versions, just a different barrel style.
  5. OM Dude

OM Dude Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 30, 2012
    Ku'u home o Honolulu
    I had this lens. You know, I was just fine with it on my E-PL2. But when I upgraded to the OM-D E-M5, suddenly it seemed too soft, especially for sports at the 200-300mm FL. I was noticeably disturbed and switched out from the "kit" zooms to all primes.

I don't know if the better camera made me demand more or if there really is a difference between the quality of the sensors between the older PL-2 and M-5. If it is a sensor issue, then the zoom make work for you. But if you are thinking of upgrading the camera soon, you may find the zoom somewhat unsatisfying.
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    This is an under appreciated lens. It's a really good value for the price. It's also relatively small and light. I only sold mine because I wanted more reach and found a deal on a 100-300mm. :cool:
  7. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    The lens seems plenty of sharp to me and it's silent focusing. I shot this video with the E-M5 using it:
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rizB1g8Naqc]Moran Lake Park, Santa Cruz, Calif. Dec. 10, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]
    • Like Like x 2
  8. mpg01

mpg01 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    I think, for the price, you really can't go wrong. I've used it for everything from extreme macro work to moon shots.
  9. aimawayfromface

aimawayfromface Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2012
    It's a great lens. I routinely crop to 100% at 150mm and sharpness is still very good.