Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm F1.8 "Bulk Package" eBay

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Aushiker, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    I am in the market for an Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm F1.8 and best Australian warranty price is around AU$549. Grey imports bring the price down a bit to around the AU$450 price. Anyway I spotted a lens on eBay being sold as a "bulk package." for ~ AU$428 so a reasonable saving.

Anyway being new to the lens buying game I am seeking advice on what to watch for with these "bulk package" deals, is this a good way to buy etc or is there considered less risk/better resell value with the grey or local warranty product?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Andrew

2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    quick look at the link and I am seeing a south Korean vendor with a google type translation to english..

I am guessing 'bulk package' means no original packaging

It maybe legit...but I wouldn't bite

K

3. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Most likely split from a kit, so no box or warranty (though buying from asia may mean no warranty regardless). If you're willing to do that I would just look for a used copy in good condition, you'll probably spend less and might even get one that still has a bit of warranty left on it.

4. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    The seller has sold 56 via this listing according to eBay I am guessing obtained a supply ex factory or the like. A second hand copy would be preferred but nothing around at the moment locally at least. I may have to just hold off and be patience.

Edit: RamblinR has found one :)

Thanks
    Andrew

5. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
  6. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    Thanks everyone. I made an offer which was accepted so have brought the lens RamblinR linked to. All up a reasonable price of $390 delivered which is about $20 below the average price of recently sold second copies locally.

Now just need to wait for my OMD EM-1 body to arrive and the lens and I will have an M43 starter kit :)

Regards
    Andrew

7. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    Glad that worked out for you.