1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Olympus M. Zuiko 14-42mm MKI Lens

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by RDM, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Olympus M. Zuiko 14-42mm or other Kit Lens

I have a Panasonic G1 body that I am currently using adapted lenses on and I would like to try and find a standard wide kit lens that i can afford or possibly something wider than 17mm that would cover the whole sensor. I am looking to spend a hundred or less. I seen some auctions that I max bid, one hundred and they always (4 of them) get sniped at the end, but only end up closing for ONLY five or ten dollars more. Also I found about ten for sale online that are factory refurbished with a warranty for one hundred thirty nine dollars; as-well as some Craigs List listings for one hundred, so I know I'm not being unrealistic in what I can afford to pay. Unfortunately all the Craigs list listings I seen were too far away and they will not ship. I figured i would ask for this lens since that was the kit lens selling for the cheapest used and it would also be nice and compact when collapsed and maybe fit into my Jacket pocket.

OK this is an Update, Still looking for a 14-45mm Mk I version of this lens, real cheep now.
    I was not sure how do proceed with this [WTB] posty So just scroll down to the bottom to read the update.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Once in a while, I'll run across an used Pany 14-42 (not the 14-45) for about $120. That might be a better combo to use with the G1 given that it's image stabilized.

I have the Oly 14-42(I) that I use with the EP2. The AF is notoriously slow.

3. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Aug 31, 2010
    I do have the 14-42mm. I can part with it for $120

• Like Like x 1
  4. panda9

panda9 New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

May 5, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    14-42mm Mk 1

I've sent you an offer via private message.

I bought the 14-150mm awhile back so haven't used my 14-42mm for a long time. I'm willing to sell it for $100 plus shipping to the US.

I have 29 positive feedbacks on fourthirdsphoto.com under the same username.

- Calvin

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Alright! Everyone wins!

6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

OK this is my Update:
    Basically still looking for a Kit lens but will consider all ยต4/3 lens versions now,
    around a hundred dollars or less depending on the version

Well the original offers when i posted this thread never worked out. There were two , One was asking too much. I remember seeing them being auctioned off for the same as what they were asking at the time. The other offer was confusing. I had thought I was about to purchase a Non L version and then Discovered it was an L, and by the time I figured out if I still thought it was worth it, it was sold before I could reply a couple days later.
    SO thanks anyway to people that offered when i first posted.
    I never marked this thread completed because I have still wanted to purchase a M.Zuiko 14-42mm lens. I still have not found one for a reasonable price but no new offers from this site.
    Even tho since the last failed transaction i mentioned, I did Take advantage of sale of a kit lens for ninety dollars. It from someone selling his M.Zuiko 14-42mm Mk II from his new E-PL2 kit purchased last December. I seen it on the auction site and clicked the BIN button. Anyway I been using that and love it but still wanted to get an inexpensive Mk I lens (preferably the non L version) so I can sell my camera body as a Kit and upgrade my Body. Or Keep it as a spare that someone else in my family can use. I was not in a rush, but lately I been itching to upgrade my camera body because I see so many used later model bodies going for a good price. I also know a few people that would purchase my camera but only with a Kit lens.

I was hoping to find one for under sixty dollars, this way i can sell it to someone i met that wants to get into photography and needs an inexpensive starter camera. I would pay for newer versions and even conciser the Lumix 14-42mm if its a good price.

P.S. I was right about wanting the M.Zuiko kit lens for being compact and light. It is, and I really like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.