1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus m.Zuiko 12mm f2.0 for $499 CAD!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by mintchoco, Jun 18, 2012.

1. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Assuming the retailer is good, that is an amazing deal on a great lens!

2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Their website says they ship only within Canada...darn.

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    That is an unbelievable deal...BUT there is no such thing as a free lunch so I would be careful. I looked up Lozeau on Google and they get generally terrible reviews on service.

• Like Like x 1
  4. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    And the used prices in Canada plummet....yes.

5. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    If anyone in the US wants one, I won't mind putting the order for you. Note that you will have to pay the taxes (probably 13% as i am in ontario) and shipping to you plus payment will have to be in CAN$. Basically you pay exactly what it will cost. I am only willing to ship insured and with verification via Canada Post so you will have to pay for that. I am not out to make a buck neither am I willing to be out of pocket in doing this. PayPal will have to be gift as, again, I am not willing to have to pay for this. I am considering ordering one myself but will only decide tomorrow after I get home from work.

I am only willing to do this for members who have verified Paypal accounts and who have an established presence on this site and with positive feedback. I am only willing to do this for one or two persons and not everyone - don't want my cc bill to be too big at the end of the month. All I ask in return is that you kiss the ground I walk on, seriously all I ask is that you donate to this site to become a site supporter if you are not already one. Send me a PM if you're interested.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    That is extremely generous of you. I don't think you'd find this on other photography forums.

7. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Now shows as unavailable.

8. crsnydertx

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Surprise, surprise - not!

9. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    I had it in my cart and ready to go but just couldn't pull the trigger... Oh well maybe next time :$

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yep!
    If it's too good to be true - it usually is...(too good to be true)...

11. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Anyone get an order in?

12. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    I wonder if this was like the $130 XZ1 deal on eBay a couple of weeks ago.

13. crsnydertx

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I got in on that one! Well, I sent my money....got it back later. Then, to drown my sorrows, I bought a refurb XZ-1...for a lot more than $130. Sigh....

14. Khufu

Khufu Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    Lozeau is a very reputable store here in montreal same thing as vistek or henrys. It is 5 minutes away from where I work. Ive always had great service from them and most of the guys there know what they are talking about. Ive bought my 50mm f2 and 12-60mm from them back in my 4/3 days. Recently ive pre-ordered my e-m5 from them and received it within 2 weeks.

I talk to these guys a lot and am active in Quebec photography forums and such a rebate is not surprising because 4/3 really sells poorly here. Only 1 store, Lozeau, is really pushing 4/3 and the other dont even bother carrying it. The way 4/3 is perceived here is 5 times worst then in the rest of the world. Here youll get laughed at and get a lot of wtf for owning 4/3 gear. That is slowly starting to change since the E-M5. I get stopped in the street alot and asked "what camera is this?" Or "Oly has really improved and I was thinking of switching from this camera to the E-M5 for the systems light weight, do you like it?"

15. RichA

RichA Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2012
    $799 now.

A mistake, unfortunately! Looks like we'll keep having to pay a lot more than our APS using brothers for lenses...

16. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    I know this thread is old, but it wasn't actually a mistake... I bought it for $499; it arrived last Friday, and no, it isn't obviously a refurb or anything. :)

I really can't say what possessed them to sell the lens for $300 off. I've certainly never come across another deal like that!

But I'm not complaining.

17. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    Ah ha, so that's why mine isn't selling.

18. ryanlogic

ryanlogic Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Antakya, Turkey
    If Olympus priced them a bit cheaper, I bet they would be flying off the shelves.... sometimes it's better to sell something a bit cheaper in volume than to prop it up on a pedestal for all the world to drool over.

In the long run, Olympus and Panasonic are selling a system. If they want that system to win, they need to make sure it gets into as many hands as possible. I mean.... if I had 5 good quality lenses, that I thought were going to last a very long time, I would be more likely to buy camera bodies for that system for a long time.

I understand there is an equilibrium, and profit is king... But I really feel like these all metal construction primes should be coming out at a cheaper price.... let's say the 12mm, 25mm, 45mm and the 75mm were ALL made of metal, included the snap-back manual focus ring, and came with accessories such as metal lens caps, and hoods... At a price of say $500-600.... or in a four pack for say...$1800. They might not make much money on the lenses themselves... But people would be going nuts for the system. Buying bodies left and right...

I hate capitalism and consumer culture...

people (including myself) are so numb to poor quality stuff that we allow inferior crap to be slid under our noses because all the good quality crap is so damn expensive.

They've figured out how to dangle carrots in front of us to lead us to the corn bucket.