1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus m.45mm - GAS cure: Enjoy your gear!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by oto02, Aug 6, 2012.

1. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    Flo
    Even I've said to myself this is the last thing I'll buy, keep suffering of this bloody GAS.

This lens is supposed to be The Last Mohican no more from my end.

I just got in the post today (I'm at work at the moment) and I'm so excited to give it a crack.

I've been reading lots of stuff about it, and hope it will do for me too.

Once I'll find something that I'd consider it worth it to stay in front on my opened shutter, I'll post them here for sure.

What I've notice and it's a good thing though, is that on these macro 4/3 lenses doesn't say Made in China somewhere where anyone can see it. It's just inside the cap, so it's only the user that can see/know about it.
    Don't get me wrong, but you know what I mean ... I thing it's a plus plus.

Click, click!!

2. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    You will love that lens.

3. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    I`m getting the same one tonight. It will be my first good lens (kit lens aside)
    I had to get a friend to order it for me, to keep it off the wifey`s radar. it will no doubt get me out in the heat to take some snaps. really cant wait.

4. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    I find the 45 very impressive. I was stunned by how tiny it was when I first opened the box. I have that and the PL25 and they make it very hard for me to use the kit zoom lens.

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yep - I love mine! :smile:
    (And now, all you need is the 75mm) :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

6. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    Flo
    GAS cure: ENJOY what you have!

I think that all I need now is to enjoy what I have.

Recently I purchased many 4/3 items (glasses and filters and so on), haven't used them much at all, just bought them cos "I need" them. That's "need" is actually rubbish, you don't need it, you WANT them, cos you see that your lil fellows here and there have them and show you beautiful pictures that have taken with them.

Now, I changed the line with buying m4/3, but that's it. I got my PM1, 14-42IIR, with is great for me and this new arrived m45 with the Kenko UV.
    I have to stop here, just to enjoying taking photos, pp them to my liking and post some of them here every now and then.

I know is hard to resist to all those temptations at every corner with different glasses, but hey, as someone posted the other day making a comparation between camera and wife/girlfriend, it's enough just to have a look admire over the fence but and play with your own things. They suppose to give you enough happiness, and satisfaction, probably that's why you bought previously them, right?

Having said that, I'm hpoing that I'm cured (suddenly) of GAS.

Enjoy your gear guys and squeeze all the juice out of them, before you salivate to other creamy cakes.

click, click

7. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Jeremy
    Great lens, enjoy mine, though I actually find myself mounting the 25mm more for the general focal length (which is amazing, as I'm normally not a 50mm kind of guy).

I plan to give it a workout at a wedding come this Sept, though :)

8. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    Flo
    Wedding... that'd be interesting though with m4/3.

I did a wedding with the big brother mighty 4/3 E-3, plus two HG glasses 14-54 mkI and 50-200 mkI. It turned up not that bad in the end. I look forward to attend to another one to see how this lil one (m.4/3) can cope.

Here is my experience

Semaphore - otography's Photos | SmugMug

Thanks