1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus lenses offer at amazon UK plus cashback on E-PL3 and E-PM1 kits and lens /evf

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by applemint, Mar 3, 2012.

1. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Just noticed that there is a discount in the form of "amazon credit" (ie: credit to your amazon uk account, not cash) on various Olympus lenses at amazon UK - varies from £15 credit on the 45mm and 40-150mm lenses to £30 on the ED 75-300mm Lens. Offer runs until 31 March. Eg: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Lens: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Of course it's only worth while if amazon is the cheapest place to buy the lens, have only checked one of them (the 45mm 1.8) and it's the cheapest for that when you include the £15 discount. Not sure about the others though (too lazy to check!). :smile: Plus of course if you intend to buy other stuff from amazon anyway, then the credit is as good as cash but if not then it's not. You could always get some memory cards, a camera case, spare battery or something though...

Also, Olympus have extended the £50 cashback (UK and Ireland only) on E-PL3 and E-PM1 kits until the end of April plus added an offer whereby if you buy either of those models you can also get cashback on a lens or evf.

Cashback ranges from £70 on the 45mm lens, £75 on the 40-150mm lens to £200 on the 75-300 lens or £55 on the VF-2: See:
    http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/imag...ens_Accessory_Cashback_Mar12._V138174725_.pdf

You have to buy the E-PL3 and E-PM1 between 01 March and 30 April at an authorised Olympus dealer (includes amazon) and can only claim cashback on 1 additional item (so unfortunately you cannot get a lens and an evf for example). It's not 100% clear but it looks like you can purchase the lens/evf from a different place than where you bought the E-PL3 and E-PM1 - so can shop around for the best prices on both.
    More info at: http://olympusuk.sales-promotions.com/

Seems like a good time to buy E-PL3 or E-PM1 and extra lens or accessory though as you can combine the amazon and Olympus offers. So £50+£70+£15 (=£135) cashback on for example an E-Pm1 + 14-42 kit and a 45mm.

The amazon credit offer is totally separate to the Olympus cashback though - so is not dependent on buying a camera, for anyone who is just after a lens. You just need to buy the lens by 31 March and spend the credit by 30 April 2012.

Here is a full list of lenses that qualify for the amazon credit offer:

£15 Credit:

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Lens - Silver
    Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Lens - Black
    Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Lens
    Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Lens - Black
    Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ES-M 17mm 1.2.8 Silver Pancake Lens
    Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 R Lens - Black
    Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 R Lens - Silver
    Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm Lens - Black
    Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm Lens - Silver

£25 Credit:

Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Lens - Black
    Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Lens - Black

£30 Credit:

Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm Lens - Black
    Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm Lens - Silver
    Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm 1:2.0 Lens

Hope that helps someone in the UK or Ireland who is looking at buying one of the 2 cameras and/or an Olympus lens.

2. chris3cm

chris3cm New to Mu-43

Mar 3, 2012
    Thanks!

Thanks for posting this. I had found the Olympus deal, but didn't know about the Amazon one.
    To take advantage of both Olympus cash back offers I think you have to buy the lens/accessory at the same time as the camera (and therefore from the same shop), but I have emailed Olympus for clarification. Will post here when I get their reply.
    Chris

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeFrank

DeFrank Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2012
    /UK
    Wow thanks for flagging this up, £185 off a Oly 12mm is massive

:2thumbs: For you!

4. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
  5. DeFrank

DeFrank Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2012
    /UK
    I was thinking E-PM1 to be honest, whilst I save up for the E-M5. I can't get on Wex at the moment, was the price cheaper than £585 i've seen at SRS?

6. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Thanks Chris, appreciate that - might be a hassle if that is the case (depending on which camera you were after) as amazon are out of stock of the E-PL3 in black and only 1 left in white. They still have the E-PM1's in all colours though. The 45mm 1.8 lens is also out of stock. Hopefully more stock comes in soon!

(They have stock from third party sellers but usually the Olympus cashback and also obviously the amazon credit do not apply to these).

7. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Yeah, the E-PM1 is probably a better deal (than the E-PL3) at £80 to £100 less, if you are not bothered about having a flip screen.

Wex is £589 for the 12mm lens - but with a free delivery code, whereas SRS is £585 but £592.99 with delivery, so almost the same. However for the life of me I cannot find where you put in the discount codes on the Wex site!

Also, I searched SRS for the E-PM1 and only found bodies (at £250) good price, but does not qualify for the Olympus cashback offers as only the kits do.
    Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm F2 Lens - Only £585.00 - SRS Microsystems
    You searched for Olympus E PM1 (10 results) - Page 1 - SRS Microsystems

Wex have most of the E-PM1 kits in stock, with a few on backorder: E-PM1 - Search Results - wex photographic

Park is also £589 for the 12mm, but out of stock:
    Olympus 12mm f/2.0 M.Four Thirds Lens - Only £589.00 - Park Cameras Online

8. DeFrank

DeFrank Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2012
    /UK
    Oh I didn't realise you had to get a kit. On the SRS website you have to go to the camera body page where there is a drop down menu with the different kits. The E-PM1 with 14-42mm is £350. I'll have to see how much I sell that kit lens for.

• Like Like x 1
  9. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Hi Chris,

Just wondering if you had heard back from Olympus UK yet?

Cheers.

P.S. Here are the terms and conditions from Olympus - I don't see anything that specifies that all the items need to be bought at the same time and from the same retailer - (relevant section in bold) but would rather have it in writing from Olympus that that is the case. Will also email or phone them on Monday to clarify.

Terms and Conditions
    1. The promotion instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
    2. Offer starts 01/03/12. Offer ends 30/04/12.
    3. Claims must be received by midnight 31/05/12.
    4. Qualifying purchases must be made between 01/03/12 and 30/04/12.
    5. This promotion only applies to the Olympus PEN E-PL3 and PEN E-PM1 cameras and applies to all available kits.
    6. Cashback on lens/converter/accessory can only be claimed if the customer has bought an Olympus Pen mini E-PM1 or Olympus PEN Lite E-PL3 within the promotion period.
    7. Cashback on lens/converter/accessory only applies to the items listed in this leaflet and is restricted to one item per camera purchased.
    8. Claims restricted to 2 per household.
    9. Promotion applicable to residents of UK and Ireland only. Participants must be aged 18 or over.
    10. Olympus will not process claims for second hand purchases of promotional products.
    11. To take advantage of this promotion, the Cashback claim can only be made through www.olympus.co.uk/promotions
    12. To claim the Cashback, participants must complete all of the relevant details on the online claim form.
    13. If supplying proof of purchase via post, claim forms must be printed out and sent together with a photocopy of the purchase receipt to:
    Olympus PEN Cashback Promotion, 1st Floor, 277-281 Oxford St, London, W1C 2DL.
    14. Participants should retain the original purchase receipt as claim application forms and supporting material will not be returned.
    15. If claiming Cashback on lens/converter/accessory, participants must tear the barcode off the product box and send it or upload image as
    directed along with the proof of purchase of both camera and the lens/converter/accessory. In the absence of barcode being sent, the
    claim will not be processed.
    16. Upon registration, the claimant will receive an automated email notification informing them that their claim has been received and is now
    being validated. They will also receive a personalised password and username to access our online tracking facility.
    17. The Cashback will be issued in the form of 1) A cheque made payable to the name specified on the claim form. 2) BACS transfer made
    payable to the bank account specified on the claim form.
    18. The Cashback will be sent within 30 days of validation of claim.
    19. Wholesalers, employees of Olympus, its associate companies, agents and their families are not eligible.
    20. We reserve the right to refuse claims made where VAT and/or duty have not been paid. The purchase must be from a UK/Ireland based
    retailer that has bought stock through Olympus UK or one of their authorised distributors. If in doubt, please check before purchasing.
    21. This promotion cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other promotion whatsoever.
    22. Olympus reserves the right to refuse mal-redemptions and mis-redemptions. Damaged, illegible or incomplete claims and receipts are invalid.
    23. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Olympus accepts no responsibility for claims lost, delayed or damaged in the post.
    24. Olympus shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil this offer where such failure is causedby any supervening circumstances amounting to force
    majeure being an event(s) which, without the fault of either party, render performance impossible or incapable of satisfactory execution.
    25. Cashback claimants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
    26. If you have any queries with regard this promotion please send an email to: olympus@sales-promotions.com or call us on 0207 659113