1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus lens 45mm f1.8 Studio Photoshoot: RAW COLORS

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by jambaj0e, Oct 8, 2011.

1. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    So my photo group, PUSH Los Angeles, entered a group contest where our members must be in a shoot that represents the theme, which in this case is colors. I got the idea that we should throw around the color powders used in the Indian festival Holi.

All I can say is that the result was EPIC! The main shoot with the powder being thrown at each of us was taken w/ a Canon D1 because of its superior FPS and my Einstein w/ the silver PLM. Everything practically got messy, lol!

I did take photos w/ my E-PL2 synced to my Einstein and the new Olympus 45mm f1.8, stopped to f5.6 , particularly for some of the portraits in the aftermath. Here is how they look like. Hope you like them!!

PUSH LA SHOOT: RAW COLORS

6222668670_8fc9b1e43a_o.

6222149159_07059aac6e_o.

6222148787_d1352fd1e4_o.

• Like Like x 9
  2. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Here's a sneak peak taken on his D1 of what you'll see in the final composite (courtesy of principal photographer, Mark Rosales of http://www.photo-grafika.com). Essentially, we'll have all of these merged and blended into to each other to create a panoramic composite. We also shot various fighting scenes w/ the powder that will go in the background:

[​IMG]

Group shot from his D1:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  3. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    wow impressive results indeed.

4. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Thanks! This 45mm Olympus lens is amazing!

5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Joe: awesome. :2thumbs:

Looks like you guys had fun too, which is just icing on the cake. :biggrin:

6. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Wow what great shots, I particularly like the first one, but I'm wincing at that background - not for any photographic criticism at all, but the cleanup afterwards :smile:

The more I see on here of that 45mm lens the more I know I'm going to be looking to get one next year!

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Looks great!

8. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    OMG the clean up was abount 90min to 2 hours. There was so much colored powder EVERYWHERE! We also forgot to cover the studio's softboxes and it was a pain in the @$$ trying to clean of the white fabric. Also, just everything had to be cleaned up.

And yes, the background, that WAS a 12ft seamless paper. It was caked with about an inch of powder.

Thankfully I bought one of those Op-Tech rain sleeve, so my camera was spotless! My PLM, however, had to be washed since some of the paint dust got stuck on it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.