Olympus lens 45mm f1.8 Studio Photoshoot: RAW COLORS

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by jambaj0e, Oct 8, 2011.

1. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    So my photo group, PUSH Los Angeles, entered a group contest where our members must be in a shoot that represents the theme, which in this case is colors. I got the idea that we should throw around the color powders used in the Indian festival Holi.

All I can say is that the result was EPIC! The main shoot with the powder being thrown at each of us was taken w/ a Canon D1 because of its superior FPS and my Einstein w/ the silver PLM. Everything practically got messy, lol!

I did take photos w/ my E-PL2 synced to my Einstein and the new Olympus 45mm f1.8, stopped to f5.6 , particularly for some of the portraits in the aftermath. Here is how they look like. Hope you like them!!

• Like Like x 9
  2. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Here's a sneak peak taken on his D1 of what you'll see in the final composite (courtesy of principal photographer, Mark Rosales of http://www.photo-grafika.com). Essentially, we'll have all of these merged and blended into to each other to create a panoramic composite. We also shot various fighting scenes w/ the powder that will go in the background:

Group shot from his D1:

• Like Like x 14
  3. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    wow impressive results indeed.
  4. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Thanks! This 45mm Olympus lens is amazing!
  5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Joe: awesome. :2thumbs:

Looks like you guys had fun too, which is just icing on the cake. :biggrin:
  6. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Wow what great shots, I particularly like the first one, but I'm wincing at that background - not for any photographic criticism at all, but the cleanup afterwards :smile:

The more I see on here of that 45mm lens the more I know I'm going to be looking to get one next year!
  7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Looks great!
  8. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    OMG the clean up was abount 90min to 2 hours. There was so much colored powder EVERYWHERE! We also forgot to cover the studio's softboxes and it was a pain in the @$$ trying to clean of the white fabric. Also, just everything had to be cleaned up.

And yes, the background, that WAS a 12ft seamless paper. It was caked with about an inch of powder.

Thankfully I bought one of those Op-Tech rain sleeve, so my camera was spotless! My PLM, however, had to be washed since some of the paint dust got stuck on it