Olympus just solved Shutter Shock on E-M1

taz98spin

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice! Same here, I hope the fix that for the E-P5 as well!

So for all the folks that were saying Shutter Shock didn't exsist and it was user error, I guess those folks were all wrong?

JCWOlson

Mu-43 Regular

So for all the folks that were saying Shutter Shock didn't exsist and it was user error, I guess those folks were all wrong?
Mirror slap doesn't exist, but I'm told that at the fastest shutter speed, that shutter is moving with a force of 40Gs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Joelmusicman

Mu-43 Regular
Hallelujah!!!!

Now if they can add an auto-IBIS to where it only activates below 1/focal length...

FlyPenFly

Mu-43 Veteran
I doubt EFC will show up on other bodies unfortunately. I think this is a benefit of the Panasonic sensor.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Excellent. If they could add this to the E-PM2, that'd be perfect!

I doubt EFC will show up on other bodies unfortunately. I think this is a benefit of the Panasonic sensor.

Why do you say that? Most Sony cameras have it as well.

FlyPenFly

Mu-43 Veteran
Excellent. If they could add this to the E-PM2, that'd be perfect!

Why do you say that? Most Sony cameras have it as well.

Well depends, the a7r doesn't have it. I imagine the feature is part image controller, part ADC, and part specific sensor design.

So far there hasn't been any EFC for any Sony sourced MFT sensors. This is all conjecture though. As an ep5 owner, I do hope they bring it but I don't have my hopes up.

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Downloaded, installed and tested. The images at low shutter speeds are sharper to my eyes. I had been slightly disappointed with the EM-1 over the EM-5 at low shutter speeds but I'm a happy camper now.

Real Name
Nic

Given that the presence and effects of shutter shock can vary from model to model, from body to body, from lens to lens, and like any form of vibration be influenced by how you hold the camera, then they aren't wrong by saying shutter shock isn't an issue for them.

FlyPenFly

Mu-43 Veteran
I notice less shutter shock on the ep5 with the vf4 attached so it can absolutely vary.

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
This might be the thing that pushes me over to an e-m1. Does anyone know whether there is a DR hit using electronic 1st curtain? I seem to recall some people complaining of this on the GM1.

FlyPenFly

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't think there's a hit on the E-m1 because it's only first curtain, not a full electronic shutter.

Yohan Pamudji

Mu-43 Veteran
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/0...e-m1-with-electronic-first-curtain-anti-shock

Electronic first curtain!

With the GM-1 if you do not use the mechanical shutter (anything above 1/500) you lose dynamic range. I don't think this is the case here.

Oh. My.

Was just on the way here to post about the "0 second antishock" news item I saw on 43rumors and ask The Oracle of m4/3 Wisdom how that would possibly work. Lo and behold you linked to an explanation.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I want to see test results from somebody who has experienced E-M1 shutter shock and is bothered by it (most people seem to fit neither description) before getting too carried away, but it's certainly exciting that they've basically acknowledged the problem without coming out and saying it.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
I know that fully electronic shutters can be prone to "rolling" shutter effects under the right conditions. Are EFC shutters immune from this problem?

--Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom