Olympus is inviting the press for a three day event in mid August

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
I just wish Olympus would make and get to market the 100-400 alternative to the Panny model they mention in their last lens roadmap. A hell of a lot of people will buy that.
Can't see many people (except pros and those with loadsa money) buying the very expensive 150-400 Pro.

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
I just wish Olympus would make and get to market the 100-400 alternative to the Panny model they mention in their last lens roadmap. A hell of a lot of people will buy that.
Can't see many people (except pros and those with loadsa money) buying the very expensive 150-400 Pro.
Not to mention the 50-200 and 70-240 that appear the be on the road map as well.

Don't y'all think this is related to the EM5MKIII?

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus
Not to mention the 50-200 and 70-240 that appear the be on the road map as well.

Don't y'all think this is related to the EM5MKIII?
I feel like there'd be more emerging details around if it was. Look at all the rumours around the E-M1X prior to its release.

I don't know what to make of this event. If it was big I feel like there'd be more hype. But there's enough hype to warrant a press event. But the rumour mill's still quiet.

tiago.ereira

New to Mu-43
Exactly. I want that lens to replace my 75-300. A 100-400 with an acceptable price would sell a lot. There’s no weather sealed alternative from Olympus to the 75-300 and because of those issues with the weather seal between Olympus cameras and the pana Leica 100-400, some people (like myself) don’t want to take the risk.

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
Exactly. I want that lens to replace my 75-300. A 100-400 with an acceptable price would sell a lot. There’s no weather sealed alternative from Olympus to the 75-300 and because of those issues with the weather seal between Olympus cameras and the pana Leica 100-400, some people (like myself) don’t want to take the risk.
That is exactly the situation I am in and exactly why I don't want to but the Panny version .... much like many other people I suspect.

I cannot understand why Olympus doesn't seem to understand this situation and why they are continuing to allow their own users to buy a Panasonic lens even though it has, and potentially will continue to, cause problems with Oly cameras. Madness!!

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus
I cannot understand why Olympus doesn't seem to understand this situation and why they are continuing to allow their own users to buy a Panasonic lens even though it has, and potentially will continue to, cause problems with Oly cameras. Madness!!
This doesn't make any sense to me. Here's why

- This is the first I've heard of it. I'd be surprised if it's wide spread or a major issue.
- Micro Four Thirds is a standard. They can't do anything to prohibit Panasonic lenses being mounted on Olympus bodies. And if they did, Panasonic would probably have grounds to sue the pants off them.
- This probably sounds like a Panasonic problem rather than an Olympus problem (I could be wrong).
- Olympus do have a weather sealed 70-300mm alternative. 40-150mm f2.8 Pro with MC20.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom