Olympus Image Share.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by sammykhalifa, Aug 6, 2014.

1. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Just got a new smartphone (finally joining 2004 haha). I don't have a wifi connection yet and I have no data here inside my bunker of an apartment.

I want to just download it onto my PC and install it from there onto my phone through the usb cable. The Google play store link doesn't seem to like this.

Is there a way to do this, or something obvious that I'm missing?

2. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    If it is an Android smartphone, you could download the APK file here: http://android.downloadatoz.com/apps/jp.olympusimaging.oishare,166987.html

Copy it to your phone and install it.

FYI...I have not personally tested the link above. I did a quick google search and it popped up. I downloaded the APK to my computer, but I am not sure if it is legit. Install at your own risk.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sammykhalifa

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Thanks, I do think that that's the part I was missing (the file type). I'll take a look when I get home.

4. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Stop by a coffee shop with free wifi. Have a cup of something you like and make use of the free wifi.

5. sammykhalifa

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Thanks everyone, got it working and seems pretty neat for what it is.

But you can connect EM-10 to a phone only, not your home PC through a router? Bummer. When I got a router, I thought I was going to be able to wireless load images onto my desktop for editing.

6. finerflower

finerflower Amin Fangrrl

Dec 11, 2013
    New Jersey (South)
    Holly
    Yes that is the dream, but in reality, things get done so much faster over a wire or by the sd card reader.....