1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus GS-4 strap :)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SteveBeck, Sep 29, 2012.

1. SteveBeck

SteveBeck Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 26, 2012
  2. marcl

marcl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2012
    I bought one along with the grip. I don't really like it: I cannot really get it to be tight enough so that it shoes in my hand against the camera. So it helps a bit holding the camera but does not make it as stable as i would like. It also makes it more complicated to get the battery holder on and off. I will probably use it very sporadically, maybe when I do long handheld videos to help relax my handgrip.

3. SteveBeck

SteveBeck Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 26, 2012
    Here are the first few shots of it on the camera.

So far, I do not like it. You have to pull it tight against the body so the camera doesn't lag or slap around. When you do that you cannot get to the memory card door without undoing the whole trap from the neck strap and loosing it up. Ill try to get pictures of it in my hand. But I have a fairly large hand and when I am holding it it keeps my hand up to high so my thumb is up past the thumb rest and it makes it hard to reach the buttons dial with my other fingers. I will tinker with it some while bh is closed and not processing returns. if i do not like before the 10th when bh reopens i'm sending it back.

I will update with more info and photos as i test it.