Olympus, great success!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by blackSP, May 13, 2010.

1. blackSP

blackSP Mu-43 Regular

Apr 9, 2010
    Amsterdam
    In fact they have done so well recently that the EPL1 owners have taken over this forum. 95% of all posts seem to be about the EPL1 :bravo-009:

EP2 owner

2. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    That could be because it's the most recent camera. I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in the G2 when it gets out and about. :43: in general has proved to be a remarkable success already and I'm sure that we are only at the start of a long journey.

3. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    It's cheap. Actually that's unfair. It is fantastic value for money and a great transition from a point and shoot camera to something more serious.

One of my friends at work will be going overseas and she has been facinated by my Olympus E-P1 as she wants better quality than she gets from her point and shoot camera. She has been blown away by the quality of the photos you can get out of the E-P1. Her husband has been against going to a dSLR due to the size.

I have recommended the E-PL1 as the perfect transition camera and she may be on a winner on the camera front and get her better camera. I have recommended the E-PL1 for her due to the built in flash, the control layout similar to a point and shoot camera and its lower cost although cost is no object to her.

4. nTo

nTo Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Indonesia
    Yeah, more post about oly's than panny's....
    In my country too, olympus does more marketing campaign....

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    the economy is awful everywhere on the planet...... the epL1 is the ticket to the world of m4\3 for millions who suddenly have less disposible income....
    as its a fine little camera,with stellar jpegs and specs, this is a good thing............
    as she just killed her nastly little nikon entry level machine ,my wife needs a new machine , and the epl1 is the one i will probably get her

a small form factor panny has one choice the gf1 which cost alot more

this is why the new sony nex can costas little as 549 dollar to join that club, its all about todays economic reality............sad but true imho