Olympus gear

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by andyw, Feb 10, 2010.

1. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    I received my new (to me) Olympus OM-2 kit today from a guy at work. Ti's an Olympus OM-2 body, 75-150mm f4 lens, Flash, electric winder, filters and all the orig books and instructions plus a beautiful leather case (see pics)

Everything is in as new condition!! I'm well chuffed! I really only bought it for the lens which is just like new!!!!!!

All for £42.50!

Here are the pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Very good deal and excellent condition......
    post some photos from the lens.......it should prove interesting...

• Like Like x 2
  3. andyw

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Yeah, I'll pop it on the GF1 and see what i get. Should be good as the lens is spotless!

I will also get some B&W film and run it through just to see what it's like but I'm just chuffed about the lens really!:thumbup:

4. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Although I've never owned one, I find OM-1s and OM-2s to be among the most attractive camera bodies ever manufactured. Nice purchase. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  5. jesse

jesse Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Hong Kong
    nice camera

• Like Like x 2
  6. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Brings back memories...

I got my first OM-1 in 1975. Dropped in 2000' in Chamonix. Got another. Sold that and bought an OM-2s sometime in the 80's. Absolutely great stuff!

Eventually sold the OM-2, a 50mm f1.2, bracket and flash when the Canon G9 came out. I wish I still had the 50mm!

The flash is compact and great. You can still use it in Manual/Auto using wireless remotes. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  7. marceloanelli

marceloanelli Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 9, 2010
    Caracas, Venezuela
    I still owning in my arsenal a OM-2 and OM-2n, the zoom lenses I sell and muy prime lens with superior IQ. Still shooting sometimes films. Nice deal.

8. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Ah, that brings back memories. I used to own both an OM1 and OM2, plus the 75-150mm zoom. Here's a pic (taken a long, long time ago) with the 75-150mm on my OM1, using Kodachrome 64 film. :smile:

That's a real bargain you have there - I'd have been tempted, just for old time's sake. But boy, do I wish we had micro 4/3 in those days - I may not have crippled my knees carying too much weight up big hills (I used to carry Medium Format as well).

9. andyw

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    WOW! What an amazing shot!! Thanks for sharing.