Olympus Flash Question

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi all

Quick question if I may

Are the flashguns made for the Olympus OM Camera OM2n etc like the T20 & T32 compatible with Olympus M4/3 Cameras, TTL metering etc or do the m4/43 cameras use a totally different system

Thanks

Paul

Mikefellh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Not at all compatible. In fact the Olympus FL-40 that was made for the E-1 isn't compatible either. Everything made after is.

fortwodriver

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Frank
Not at all compatible. In fact the Olympus FL-40 that was made for the E-1 isn't compatible either. Everything made after is.
Yeah, that was pretty confusing... Around the time of the E-1 the price for the FL-40 suddenly dropped to $100 before vanishing forever. More than a few disappointed people bought them for their later E-Series cameras only to find they would only work in Manual and Thyristor-Auto... No TTL...I think mine worked with a C-4040 - it had a potato-masher handle accessory too!

Mikefellh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The FL-40 also worked with my C-700UZ, but I wanted to limit the response to interchangeable lens/E-Series cameras.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom