Olympus flash on Panasonic body?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by WilburNJ, Mar 1, 2014.

1. WilburNJ

WilburNJ Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2012
    I have an Olympus FL-600R flash. Would it work seamlessly on a Panasonic body? I'm interested in the soon-to-be-released GH4.

I've read somewhere, a while back, that this Olympus flash is a rebrand of a Panasonic flash, but I have no idea if this is true...

Thanks for your thoughts.

Will

2. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    I use my oly FL36 interchangeably on Oly and Panasonic. They have the same pins, contacts.

3. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    The FL-600R and DMW-FL360L are identical except for some cosmetics. Both are made by Panasonic. Panasonic also makes a lot of flashes for other manufactures too.

4. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2014
    France
    So Pana FL360L will work the same as the FL600R with an Olympus body too?
    Even when used as a distant flash?

5. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    Yes, they are identical. A friend of mine tested my DMW-FL360L with his EM-5. It functioned exactly the same as his FL-600R. Neither flash is what would call extremely powerful - at least compared to some of the flashes I have used in the past. They are good enough for most of the flash needs I have. The Olympus version is currently a bit less expensive than the Panasonic. If you are looking for a more powerful flash, check the DMW-FL580L. The most powerful TTL flash I have seen for u4/3 is this one from Metz.

6. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2014
    France
    In France Olympus version is 30% more expensive than the Panasonic.
    (and none of them is really cheap - 340$ for the Pana, 450$ for the Oly)

7. mikepeters

mikepeters Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 11, 2013
    New Jersey
    Mike
    I use the olympus fl600r flash on my gh3's, works just perfect. The oly flash was quite a bit cheaper, same flash, different name.

8. WilburNJ

WilburNJ Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2012
    Thank you everyone for the responses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.