1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus FL-LM1 Flash Compatibility

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Luckypenguin, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Does anyone know if the accessory flash from the E-PM1 and E-PL3 is compatible across other models? Specifically I am thinking of the E-M5. I rarely use a flash but it would be handy to have something small and light to go with the E-M5 (no on-board flash, why???). As a second question, is it even any good. There is of course the FL-300 as well but it is bigger and more expensive. Thanks

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    There is an LM2 flash which comes with the E-M5, which I believe is the exact same except for being weather sealed. The main purpose of these flashes is to operate as a Remote Commander to use the RC capabilities of Olympus cameras with R-series wireless flash units. It should be forwareds-compatible with all Olympus bodies, but it is not backwards compatible and does not have a trigger contact like a normal flash unit. It is operated soley through the Accessory Port.

The output and capabilities are like any regular pop-up flash.

I don't personally have a use for it, but nor would I use the FL-300 either. I wouldn't buy a flash with a gun-style head to mount my light modifiers on, so the smallest I buy are like the FL-36R or FL-600R.

3. Oops, you're right :redface:. The E-M5 does come with the LM2 standard. Problem solved. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.