Olympus FL-600R - Pressing right on dial

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bmac6996, Jul 15, 2014.

1. bmac6996

bmac6996 New to Mu-43

Jul 15, 2014
    Hi. I just purchased a FL-600R Olympus flash. Great so far but question on the dial.

According to instructions and reading, if i hit right on the dial button, it should take me to the on-screen display to toggle the LED light to Auto, manual or off. When i hit right on the dial, nothing happens. I can however, hit up, down, and left on the dial to get into the OSD of the flash and scroll to the LED section to toggle Auto, manual or off. Is my right dial broken or is this just how it is? trying to determine if I need to replace this flash before my return date is up.

Email Olympus and they taking forever.

Thoughts?

Thanks

2. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I just got a used one and on mine if I hit the up arrow, the R on the left flashes, then I can hit the right button and work my way over to the LED and toggle it off. I've only had the flash for less than 24 hours, so this is about all I know about it.

3. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    try pressing down which will make the zoom blink. then press right, and the LED toggle should blink. select M and press OK. then tapping right should manually turn on your LED lamp.

the persistent blinking is an indicator that it's in RC mode and the charge is ready.

4. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    try pressing down which will make the zoom blink. then press right, and the LED toggle should blink. select M and press OK. then tapping right should manually turn on your LED lamp.

the persistent blinking is an indicator that it's in RC mode and the charge is ready.

5. bmac6996

bmac6996 New to Mu-43

Jul 15, 2014
    Agreed. I can do that by pressing the up, down and left of the dial, but i'm wondering if I should be able to access the LED option by pressing right. If i should be able to, and with flash I cannot, i can only assume it's defective.

6. Joon525

Joon525 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2012
    NJ
    klee's explanation is exactly how I've always understood this to be.
    I have 2 FL-600R's and both behave this way.