Olympus FL-600R issues

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jon595, Mar 3, 2013.

1. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    So I was doing some photography for the Church I belong too and did a dumb thing. I was getting a few shots of a Baptism and didn't want to use a flash, so I put it in my back pocket. While walking down a flight of stairs to get some shots of the youth group, it of course fell out. It doesn't have a mark on it though, but now it's misbehaving.

It turns on just fine, it test fires just fine, the LCD displays everything just fine, all buttons work and it works perfect in RC mode.

The issue is when I put the flash on the camera, it refuses to fire. Instead, it just flashes the 'Auto Check' light a few times. I know that the connection between the flash and camera is good, as soon as I slide the flash on, it auto switches from RC mode to TTL A. And as soon as the shutter is tripped, it makes the 'Auto Check' light flash.

Does anyone have any idea's? I'm thinking I'll be sending it back to Olympus and hope it can be repaired. If not.... I have a new off camera only flash at least...
  2. tbyork2012

tbyork2012 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Oxford, UK
    Have you tried changing batteries to see if it makes any difference? Just a thought.
  3. kpham70

kpham70 New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2012
    Same thing has happened to me. I sent it to Olympus for a repair and they said that the motor was malfunctioning. They fixed it for free under warranty
  4. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    I've tried batteries and it didn't help. I'll contact Olympus tomorrow and get that process started. Thanks for the help.

Just a hobbyist.