1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus FL-600R blinking

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by andrew00, Nov 8, 2012.

1. andrew00

andrew00 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2010
    Hey,

I just received the FL-600R today and am getting annoyed by the blinking of the LED every few seconds.

It seems to only do it in RC mode, so I assume it's saying its ready to fire or something.

Is there anyway to turn this off?

It's really annoying. I've currently got the thing setup on my Custom Brackets Mini-RC so it's basically next to the camera lens, so facing the subject essentially and it'll drive anyone mad!

If not - I could tape it though will this affect TTL reading?

I'm thinking I could use it with the sync cable but that obviously means more expense when it seems to be working in RC mode fine

2. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    That blinking is how the camera and flash communicate with each other. Every wireless flash I've worked with does that (Fl-50r, Fl-36r, Canon EOS wireless flash units).

Never seen any way of turning it off and keeping RC mode going. Taping it might cost you wireless flash, not sure about whether or not it will mess up TTL. You could try pivoting the flash head and flash body so the bottom part of the flash faces the camera while the flash head is pointed at your subject.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Dumb slave mode also has the blinking sensor as well. Anytime the optical sensor is active, it blinks. If it didn't, I wouldn't like that. I don't want to run around to all my flash units scattered around my studio just to check that they're on and ready. I can tell by the blinking light.