Olympus FL-300R Compact Flash $40 After Rebate at Amazon.

RichardB

Snapshooter
Real Name
Richard
Not happy yet

The flash arrived from Amazon today, but it had small diagonal cracks on the front, near the base hinge. I found online another report of these cracks on an FL-300R.

Amazon is supposed to be cross-shipping a replacement unit. I hope it gets here by the 15th, but I called Olympus and was told that I could mail the rebate form by the 15th and send the UPC a few days later. Now I just have to worry about the replacement being intact and functional.

Dan Lopez

Mu-43 Veteran
I picked up an fl600r from Samy's last Saturday, boy did it come in handy! I wonder if OLympus would give me the rebate even though I bought the flash outside of the offer window?? ( thinking out loud ). Congrats to those of you who took advantage of this offer.

Extract0r

Mu-43 Rookie
Mine has been stuck at "your response has been mailed" for two weeks now but I haven't received anything yet.

I bet the rebate company will put the check in the mailbox on June 10th.

Olympus.RebateAccess.com

The promotion "OLYMPUS CSC/DSLR MARCH ACCESSORY SAVINGS" is promotion number 46323 and it runs from March 7th, 2013, to March 30th, 2013. All redemptions must be submitted or postmarked by April 15th, 2013.

Your submission has been processed and your response has been mailed. You should receive it by June 12, 2013. If by this date you have not received your response, please contact us at 1-800-953-3098. Thank you.

Real Name
Chris
Mine has been stuck at "your response has been mailed" for two weeks now but I haven't received anything yet.

I bet the rebate company will put the check in the mailbox on June 10th.

Olympus.RebateAccess.com

The promotion "OLYMPUS CSC/DSLR MARCH ACCESSORY SAVINGS" is promotion number 46323 and it runs from March 7th, 2013, to March 30th, 2013. All redemptions must be submitted or postmarked by April 15th, 2013.

Your submission has been processed and your response has been mailed. You should receive it by June 12, 2013. If by this date you have not received your response, please contact us at 1-800-953-3098. Thank you.

Thanks for the note. I guess we are all in the same boat.

madmaxmedia

Mu-43 Veteran
I wonder if OLympus would give me the rebate even though I bought the flash outside of the offer window?? ( thinking out loud ). Congrats to those of you who took advantage of this offer.
These rebates are normally handled by a 3rd-party company, and they are all sticklers on the terms. It helps keep the redemption rate lower- I've heard a common rule of thumb for even significant rebates (I don't mean the worthless $1 or $2 ones) is a redemption rate of ~25%. So if you are literally 1 day late on the postmarked date of your submission, it will typically be denied.

Basically it allows a company to offer a sizable discount to attract more sales, while knowing the actual payout amount is much less. I think that's okay in the end, it's up to the customer to not forget to send in the rebate on time, and for those who do, they get a bigger discount than had it been a non-rebate discount.

LOL, end marketing 101 lesson.

RichardB

Snapshooter
Real Name
Richard
I checked the website yesterday and it said my rebate is being processed. The form said to allow 8 to 10 weeks, so I guess I need to be patient a while longer.

I received notice this week that my rebate was denied as they used the Amazon ship date not the order date, even though I highlighted the order date on my submital. So... I had to call them three times and re-submit by MAIL (or fax) as they don't accept incoming emails... I assume that the processor has an incentive to deny these.

BB88

Mu-43 Regular
I received notice this week that my rebate was denied as they used the Amazon ship date not the order date, even though I highlighted the order date on my submital. So... I had to call them three times and re-submit by MAIL (or fax) as they don't accept incoming emails... I assume that the processor has an incentive to deny these.
That really sucks. I contacted both Amazon and Olympus Rebates about this issue prior to ordering and both of them told me that they look at the Order date, but not the delivery date....

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I finally received my rebate. And that was after getting a notice that the rebate was denied...

Olympus should really consider finding a new rebate processing company. :)

twokatmew

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Margaret
I finally received my rebate. And that was after getting a notice that the rebate was denied...

Olympus should really consider finding a new rebate processing company. :)
Why? They're counting on people not following the rules exactly (or missing a deadline) so they don't have to pay so many rebates.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Why? They're counting on people not following the rules exactly (or missing a deadline) so they don't have to pay so many rebates.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
More that they sent out a notice that they weren't paying, then paid anyway after pissing me off. Olympus paid $50 to make me distrustful of their rebates... :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom