Olympus FL-300R Compact Flash $40 After Rebate at Amazon.

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
its a great little flash... the fact you can control it remotely from the OMD and other Oly cameras (not sure what models...certainly the more recent ones) makes it a great way to start learning off camera strobist type techniques

these were shot oMD with 45/1,8 with the fl300 bounced off a light coloured wall

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P9140123 by kevinparis, on Flickr

P9140126 by kevinparis, on Flickr

P9140184 by kevinparis, on Flickr

K

fin azvandi

Mu-43 All-Pro
Well, it's OOS at that price for the moment. But in case it comes back, has anyone used this for an off-camera macro flash? I'd consider it as a lighter substitute for my FL-36R. Problem is my speedlight softbox won't mount on the tiny FL-300R...does anyone sell a modest diffuser/softbox attachment for this flash?

merosen

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark
It may be right in front of my eyes, but i don't see a rebate
I see a lower seller for $90
also noticed that Olympus is running a $50 rebate
I guess the would be buying it for $90 and getting it for 40 after rebate
But there is no rebate link on the amazon page

Real Name
Chris
It may be right in front of my eyes, but i don't see a rebate
I see a lower seller for $90

Click on the Amazon Pre-Order link for the flash and then on that page, for the flash sold by Amazon, you will see the rebate link.

I ordered the flash for 89.98 even though it is a pre-order. I am assuming they will ship soon and then the rebate will be fine. If not, I can always cancel the order if it sits as a pre-order for too long.

merosen

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark
Click on the Amazon Pre-Order link for the flash and then on that page, for the flash sold by Amazon, you will see the rebate link.

I ordered the flash for 89.98 even though it is a pre-order. I am assuming they will ship soon and then the rebate will be fine. If not, I can always cancel the order if it sits as a pre-order for too long.
fyi, Rebate is only good till March 30
I just preordered one. If it doesn't ship by the end of the month I will cancel.
Thanks for the tip.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I pre-ordered one of these this weekend after they sold out. Amazon wasn't providing any delivery estimate at the time of my order. I just got an e-mail with an updated delivery estimate of 3/18-19, so it looks like I'll get it in time to redeem the MIR.

Biggstr

Mu-43 Regular
Maybe NOT the deal it seems ... look a little closer

I just went through the order routine at Amazon. I could not find the FL-300R at the lower price using Amazon search. Although from Amazon, the $88.88 price was in the "click through" to other sources below the listed source/amount from Willoughby's. But the Amazon source listed delivery in one or two months. [?] I ordered. The expected delivery date was April 17th to May 9th. The Olympus $50 rebate form says that claims must be postmarked by April 15th. Do the math! I cancelled the order. I would like an FL-300R at $38.88 ... but not $88.88, much less $134.99.

RobWatson

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I just went through the order routine at Amazon. I could not find the FL-300R at the lower price using Amazon search. Although from Amazon, the $88.88 price was in the "click through" to other sources below the listed source/amount from Willoughby's. But the Amazon source listed delivery in one or two months. [?] I ordered. The expected delivery date was April 17th to May 9th. The Olympus $50 rebate form says that claims must be postmarked by April 15th. Do the math! I cancelled the order. I would like an FL-300R at $38.88 ... but not $88.88, much less $134.99.
Seems the link leads to a different place now ... that is not the same deal from a few days a go.

zapatista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Barber
Amazon is notorious for under-promising and over-delivering. I'd say 80% of delayed orders from them are delivered in 1/2 the estimated time...so it will be close.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom