1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus firmware update question...

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by NoSeconds, Oct 1, 2015.

1. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

If my last firmware update was v2.0 and I didn't bother with v3, do I have to run the v3 update before I run the v4 or will it be included in v4...?

2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    It's likely you will need to upgrade to v3 before you can push v4 onto the camera.

I'm intrigued though, why didn't you update to v3? the focusing speed increase on the E-M1 was a pretty huge bonus.

3. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

It was a little bit of not enough incentive (I was using it mostly for landscapes etc) and a little bit of forgetfulness... :blush:

4. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
  5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Basically, the only time (that I know of) a two tier update became necessary was with the E-M5 (Note *2) because the FW 1.2 was faulty & was quickly retracted & the way to get past it was those that hadn't updated (still at 1.1) went to 1.3 & then to the latest from there while those that had updated to to 1.2 had to update to 1.4 before then updating to the latest. The E-M1 (& other models) have not needed to worry about about what prior updates were installed as each update went the latest regardless what level was there before, but... if it is different for FW 4.0 then we will get a note (*) on the page link as quoted above when it is released.