1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus F-CON (Fisheye Adapter)

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by WT21, Oct 10, 2011.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'm not usually one for kit lenses, but I got one when I purchased an EPL2 second hand, so I decided to try the FCON fisheye adapter, as they were only $127 from Adorama. I thought "hey, I'll try it. If I don't like it, maybe I'll return it."

Well, I managed to nick the paint, so I guess I own it now, lol!

It's actually fairly nice. It's not as wide a fisheye as other FEs I've owned on other systems, but it's pretty cheap, it does AF, and you don't have to remove the lens to put it on. Clicks on with a nice bayonet move. Pretty handy, though the converter is not the smallest thing, but it is flat, so fits in larger pockets easily enough.

Here are some shots I took over the weekend with it.

1) Three FE shots (first three -- note the lens flare in #3. Also, in shot #2, that's a "beardo" /// Beard Hat \\\ Original Beard Beanies from Beardo — Home),
    2) one series showing FE, FE defished (though not entirely defished), and then FE defished and cropped,
    3) two (with the boats) comparing FE vs. non-FE (again, note the lens flare in the FE shot).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I had the exact same experience with the FCON! I bought it to test it out and literally the third photo I took ended with my rabbit biting it & scratching the paint... Now it's mine forever!