1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus extends OMD rebate until Jume30th

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by toobacat, May 22, 2012.

1. toobacat

toobacat Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
  2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    That's a relief. A lot of people, including me, were worried about dates and getting screwed by the rebate company.

3. toobacat

toobacat Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
    I was worried too. I emailed them a few weeks ago asking what would happen if we didn't get our cameras before May 31th and they didn't answer my email until today. They waited until they changed the rebate period to answer.

4. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I got my email from the rebate company about a week or so ago, still in the "being processed" part when I check the link.

5. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    This announcement was made several weeks ago.

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Thanks for sharing this......it's the first I've heard of it and I was getting a bit worried still waiting for the flash to show up so I can cut off the barcode and mail it in (and list the flash for sale)

7. Redridge

Redridge Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2012
    I played around with the RC option for the remote flash... Though I think the fl300 can use a softener.. I gotta admit its a nice little off shoe flash. Even at hand held. To bad there is no bounce feature on it though...

8. RichA

RichA Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2012
    Better than that black form

The black one with the little squares to put your information didn't have enough little blocks to put long names, addresses in.

9. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    The flash swivels at the shoe, it does have a bounce feature.

10. Redridge

Redridge Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2012
    Have you tried it? It's a pitiful design... Not a very useful bounce IMHO. It doesn't even stand in the bounce position on its supplied stand.... If its on the hotshot in the bounce position you cant use the evf on the omd. Plus it just look plain rediculous swiveled behind the camera like that. Rather than swiveling the whole body... Would of been so hard to make the bounce swivel at the flash only. Talk about stupid and lazy design....

11. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Why did you buy it?

12. Redridge

Redridge Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2012
    because it works really well as a remote.... prob the only way I will shoot with it. I put my sb400 diffuser over it and I like the look a get with it.

13. Drzeller

Drzeller New to Mu-43

May 20, 2012
    It stands up if you put the flash in "backwards."

D.

14. ggibson

ggibson Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Now if they added the grip to that rebate...

15. aikidoka

aikidoka Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    Montreal
    I have a question for those who had sent their claims, the form said UPC code and I just checked the box has EAN and UPC codes.

Should I cut the complete rectangle so EAN and UPC codes are included or only cut the UPC part?

16. aikidoka

aikidoka Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    Montreal
    In the end I cut the complete bar code and mailed the claim. It seems good, as I got the tracking number when checking the claim online.

17. Jimbo3rd

Jimbo3rd Photog GoGo

Mar 10, 2011
    Central Florida/Disney area
    Jim Sullivan
    How long ago did you post your rebate form? Sent one in 10 days ago, called and they said takes 2 to 3 weeks just to get in there system. So no tracking number until then.

18. aikidoka

aikidoka Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    Montreal
    I posted the mail on 11th June, so I think 2-3 weeks lead time is normal.

19. (G)

(G) Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Probably old news to everyone here, but the rebate form I just downloaded says that the accessories must be purchased before July21, so apparently the offer's been extended even further.

20. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    I would love to have that rebate here in italy...